jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hubs: Do you write to entertain? To reconcile juxtopositions? To illuminate the

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

Hubs: Do you write to  entertain? To reconcile juxtopositions? To illuminate the power of love and

and faith? Do you write to reconcile the social ills that interfere with your picture of an ideal society? Do you write to explore or capture essences of unfathomable mystery?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13067173_f260.jpg

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 20 months ago

All of the above. I'd love to cure all the ills and injustices of the world and the best way to do that through writing is to make it entertaining so people want to read it.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 20 months ago

I write to earn money. Sadly, that isn't happening at present so this is looking like another lost cause and will probably go into my ever expanding bag of lost causes. However, the things I've written about to try to earn that money include a couple of tutorials for Excel, some recommendations on books, music, and movies. So I guess the answer to the question is I write to entertain--usually myself. The real talent in this family is in Queen of the House kitty, Mischief. She has her own blog that she sometimes allows the rest of us in the house to use. Now she writes to complain. I wouldn't believe everything she says, she tends to be a drama queen...

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 20 months ago

(shrugs) I just like writing goofy stuff about cool music and bad movies.

5. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

Three keys....First to echo our friend, Jodah, I must say, "all of the above" and then some.  At the very core of my muse, I write to feel whole.  I have a need and desire to express my words for good, knowledge, humanity & an encouragement to those who want to read, learn, understand and improve the world around them.
    Frankly, I must write as surely as I must breathe.
    Wonderful Question.

working