jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is.......HELL........to.......YOU?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago

What is.......HELL........to.......YOU?

This isn't a religious question but a question based upon your encounters & foibles, even the aggravations & unfairness of everyday life, not to mention your observations.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7505055_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 16 months ago

Well, I've always thought that if I'm very bad in this life, I will end up at Walmart on a Saturday afternoon, a week before Christmas, for all eternity.

That's my idea of hell.

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
      chuckandus6posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Lol that is a good one,  mine would be the same.

3. Henry Bemis profile image83
    Henry Bemisposted 16 months ago

To me if such a place were to exist, and that is a dubious notion, it would not be anything like expected. The word Hell is only mentioned once in the Holy Bible and it is more likely a mistranslated word, the intended word was Hades, yes the Greek underworld, however, it was also the name of a garbage pit outside a biblical city. A pit where besides garbage they threw bodies of the unclean and/or unfortunate. Only other punishment mentioned is "being in darkness" and other turns of the phrase. Which, in my mind, if God is considered the Light, then to be cast into darkness is to be absent of the light of God. However, I don't subscribe to religion either. Hell would be a void. An endless existence in an empty expanse. No one to converse with, no scenery to look at, and no end. All the while, you are stuck with your fully functioning mind. Forced to process it for all time. Forced to become very acquainted with the person you probably know the least. Yourself.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 15 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9217774_f260.jpg

HELL........IS:
    (1) Being in a dead-end job w/very little or no prospect of advancing.  With those components, working w/annoying co-workers & an abusive boss.
    (2) Being born to impoverished, uneducated parents.
    (3) Living in a very unsafe neighborhood.
    (4) The South Bronx, especially Fort Apache, one of the worst placed in the Bronx- the 10th circle of hell.
    (5) East New York, Brooklyn- the 8th circle of hell.
    (7) Having a college, even advanced degree & working at a Mcjob.
    (8) Being born into a family who you absolutely have NOTHING IN COMMON with.
    (9) Attending an inner city public school.
    (10) Auschwitz-Birkenau, Treblinka, Ravensbruck, Sobibor, Madjanek, Dachau, Bergen-Belsen, Neugamme, Chelmno, Stutthof & the other hells on earth which the demonic Nazis created to imprison &/or exterminate poor souls.
    (11) Being lower middle, working, & lower class.
    (12) Being the oldest child in a large/very large family. Slaves & forced laborers are in heaven compared to this oldest child. 
    (13) Being forever unappreciated at work.
    (14) Working hard while the favorite NEVER DOES anything.
    (15) Being the odd child out in a family.
    (16) Being more educated, intelligent, & smarter than members of your family.
    (17) Being the oldest in a family-being expected to CARRY THAT WEIGHT.  Kool & the Gang's song Who's Gonna Take The Weight comes to mind.  All you oldest KNOW what I mean.....
    (18) Being stuck behind a person who doesn't have enough money to pay for items yet argues about the price of the items. 
    (19) Being stuck between stations for TWO HOURS & the conductor says thank you for your patience.......*&^@#!
    (20) Being supervised by an idiot.
    (21) Having a mother of a large/very large family gleefully announce to her children that she is PREGNANT......AGAIN..........oh BOY, can see the look on the children's faces, especially the older children!

working