This isn't a religious question but a question based upon your encounters & foibles, even the aggravations & unfairness of everyday life, not to mention your observations.
Well, I've always thought that if I'm very bad in this life, I will end up at Walmart on a Saturday afternoon, a week before Christmas, for all eternity.
That's my idea of hell.
To me if such a place were to exist, and that is a dubious notion, it would not be anything like expected. The word Hell is only mentioned once in the Holy Bible and it is more likely a mistranslated word, the intended word was Hades, yes the Greek underworld, however, it was also the name of a garbage pit outside a biblical city. A pit where besides garbage they threw bodies of the unclean and/or unfortunate. Only other punishment mentioned is "being in darkness" and other turns of the phrase. Which, in my mind, if God is considered the Light, then to be cast into darkness is to be absent of the light of God. However, I don't subscribe to religion either. Hell would be a void. An endless existence in an empty expanse. No one to converse with, no scenery to look at, and no end. All the while, you are stuck with your fully functioning mind. Forced to process it for all time. Forced to become very acquainted with the person you probably know the least. Yourself.
(1) Being in a dead-end job w/very little or no prospect of advancing. With those components, working w/annoying co-workers & an abusive boss.
(2) Being born to impoverished, uneducated parents.
(3) Living in a very unsafe neighborhood.
(4) The South Bronx, especially Fort Apache, one of the worst placed in the Bronx- the 10th circle of hell.
(5) East New York, Brooklyn- the 8th circle of hell.
(7) Having a college, even advanced degree & working at a Mcjob.
(8) Being born into a family who you absolutely have NOTHING IN COMMON with.
(9) Attending an inner city public school.
(10) Auschwitz-Birkenau, Treblinka, Ravensbruck, Sobibor, Madjanek, Dachau, Bergen-Belsen, Neugamme, Chelmno, Stutthof & the other hells on earth which the demonic Nazis created to imprison &/or exterminate poor souls.
(11) Being lower middle, working, & lower class.
(12) Being the oldest child in a large/very large family. Slaves & forced laborers are in heaven compared to this oldest child.
(13) Being forever unappreciated at work.
(14) Working hard while the favorite NEVER DOES anything.
(15) Being the odd child out in a family.
(16) Being more educated, intelligent, & smarter than members of your family.
(17) Being the oldest in a family-being expected to CARRY THAT WEIGHT. Kool & the Gang's song Who's Gonna Take The Weight comes to mind. All you oldest KNOW what I mean.....
(18) Being stuck behind a person who doesn't have enough money to pay for items yet argues about the price of the items.
(19) Being stuck between stations for TWO HOURS & the conductor says thank you for your patience.......*&^@#!
(20) Being supervised by an idiot.
(21) Having a mother of a large/very large family gleefully announce to her children that she is PREGNANT......AGAIN..........oh BOY, can see the look on the children's faces, especially the older children!
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
What is the FIRST thing that comes to mind when you hear the words..................OLDESTCHILD IN A LARGE FAMILY?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 6 years ago
What is the happiest and luckiest birth order imaginable?
by Cynthia 2 years ago
When you were a child, did you receive "an allowance"?What did you take away from this experience? Do you believe that 'working with' an allowance as a child was helpful to managing your finances as an adult? How was it helpful, or not helpful?
by nanderson500 6 years ago
Would you rather be the oldest child, in the middle, or the youngest?
by Lois Ryan 2 years ago
What is the funniest or oddest question you have ever heard asked?Somebody at work was watching a video of a show-not sure which one-and the girl asked "What is the name of the boat in the movie Titanic?"
by sportgames 7 years ago
What have you done on Christmas day?Did you spend the Christmas day with your family, friends or by your self? I spent the Christmas day with my family bu all my friends were together, am I the only one that did these?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|