jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I get rid of my writer's block?

1. Jlaine Pescott profile image62
    Jlaine Pescottposted 16 months ago

How do I get rid of my writer's block?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 16 months ago

In my experience, the best way to get rid of writer's block is to start writing - then edit heavily.  Nothing is perfect in the first draft.  I usually do at least three.  Good Luck!

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13224580_f260.jpg

Reading.....
    Ironically it's reading other material that often stirs the creative juices. Sometimes you read something you completely disagree with and suddenly you find yourself {writing a sort of rebuttal} or you read something and think this could have been so much better (if)....etc
    If it's fiction you want to create sometimes it's easier to turn a real life event into a fictional one by changing names, locales, and embellishing the risks and the outcome or tell the story the way you wished it had gone. Whenever something is FUN there's no pressure.
    Other times it's really about putting too much pressure on yourself to produce something great or a large volume in a short amount of time.
    Decide to write 1-5 pages a day. You can always go back and edit.

4. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

Read books on the subjects you write about. You'll get ideas from their works, even if just book reviews on the subject or critiques of them.

working