Is it easy for one too steal work?

1. profile image61
    Marisa K Roseposted 12 months ago

Is it easy for one too steal work?

I am new to this site. Are people able to steal work and get away with it? I am a bit skeptical right now. I have a lot of words in ny head I would like to share but I do not want my content stolen by another site. Are there measures that may be taken or am I throwing free food into the ocean?

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago

If you write on HubPages, your work will be stolen.  It's virtually guaranteed, because HubPages is so well-known, it's a big target for people who don't want the bother of writing their own content for websites. 

There's nothing that can be done to prevent it and as a Hubber, it's your responsibility to be vigilant and go after thieves when they do steal your articles. 

Unfortunately it is the nature of the internet.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 12 months ago

Content scraping does exist, but Hubpages tries to scan every article against the rest of the internet at least every two years and lets you know if someone else has scraped your content.
    It also identifies content posted to Hubpages that appears to be copied from another source, though I don't know the timeframe for that process.