I am usually inclined toward all sorts of reading, irrespective of a fiction or a nonfiction. But in context to what has been asked, would like to mention a few on my hit list:
1) Book of Joy by Dalai Lama
2) The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
3) Making India Awesome by Chetan Bhagat
4) The Secret Wishlist by Preeti Shenoy
* Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University (financial management book)
* "In Conquest Born", a science fiction book that spans decades for the characters and vast swaths of the galaxy, but written as one stand alone book
* "Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven, a book that looks at the world before, during and after a massive meteor strike
* "What does a Martian look like?" - a detailed look at how environments and other factors shape species, and why aliens would certainly NOT look like us
Since you haven't asked for recommendations from a particular genre of books, I'll not stick to one genre while suggesting. Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
84 Charing Crossroad -Helene Hanff
The Importance of being Ernest - Oscar Wilde
The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger
Unaccustomed Earth - Jhumpa Lahiri
The Room on the Roof & Vagrants in the valley - Ruskin Bond
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling
The Palace of Illusions - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
by mikgio5 years ago
What were your favourite books as a teenager?
by bradleyshartman6 days ago
What kind of books do you like to read?Is it Action and Adventure, Suspense, Comedy, Science fiction or maybe real life, what trips you trigger?
by rjvikas4 years ago
While travelling over long distances, what book would you suggest to read?
by K Kiss7 years ago
The English Patient- Michael OndaatjeThe God of small things- Arundhuti Roy Anna Karenina- TolstoyThy Brothers wife- Andrew M Greeley The Outsider- Albert CamusI have many other favourite books... I can't honestly just...
by stariswhoiam6 years ago
What is your favourite book and why?
by Cindy Lawson4 years ago
What is your favourite Stephen King book and why?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.