jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Which do you rely on for writing, set hours in which to write or writing when in

1. Eric Calderwood profile image83
    Eric Calderwoodposted 9 months ago

Which do you rely on for writing, set hours in which to write or writing when inspired? Why?

Which of these methods do you rely on and which one do you think is better?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13612052_f260.jpg

2. tomsmithnow profile image86
    tomsmithnowposted 9 months ago

I normally write during set hours because that is when it is most convenient and quiet. However, I will write down notes at any time during the day or night when I am inspired.

Eric Calderwoodposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Those notes in the middle of the night can turn out to be pure gold sometimes.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image92
    Terrielynn1posted 9 months ago

I write mostly when inspired. A lot of the topics I cover are from experience or that I have a passion for. Then I do the research to add to it. With children out of school, I really can't have a set schedule. I do it when I can. I can see why setting a time works for some.

I have had a lot of trouble coming up with a set time myself, something always seems to come up. I do love those times of inspiration.

2. Terrielynn1 profile image92
      Terrielynn1posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Hi Eric, I do keep a book for writing in at night by the bed. It's gotten more difficult to do since I have to find my glasses now. Yes there is always something.

4. jodigirl88 profile image82
    jodigirl88posted 9 months ago

In a "perfect" world, it would be a set time. I've only just begun writing again. I've had a lot going on last 5 years or so. The last year has been major, I've become a foster parent to my boyfriends 5 grandkids. As of middle of last month, we are down to 2 girls. So, right now finding the time is a lot easier than before. Once school starts, it will be a lot easier to find a set time of the day, once in a routine, etc. I also write things down that inspire me as much as possible throughout the day/night smile

I've been struggling for years to come up with a set time myself.

working