jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is my purpose in this life?

1. profile image60
    Christopher Claryposted 6 months ago

What is my purpose in this life?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 months ago

Your main purpose may be to find your own answer to this question, then to pursue it.

3. profile image0
    Bella Allredposted 6 months ago

I think our purpose here is many things. To learn and grow, to love and be loved, to make choices and face the consequences, to create and imagine, to make something worth having and become someone worth being. To do the things we dreamed of. As a member of the LDS faith (A type of Christianity) I have been taught that our purpose is to learn, have joy, and work towards being perfect as Christ was. In fact, I am told in 2 Nephi 2:25 that "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." However, I think that this explanation of our purpose here stretches beyond the confines of religious sects and is applicable to every spirit on this beautiful planet.
    -Much love,
    Bella smile

4. m abdullah javed profile image76
    m abdullah javedposted 6 months ago

Purpose of life has to be an all encompassing one, should cover the whole gamut of life. It should lead you on a path of self recognition, recognition of your Creator, a true understanding of the expanse of responsibilities and the dynamics of relationship with fellow human beings.

The purpose of life of this stature has been comprehensively defined in the Quran as :
    وَمَا خَلَقۡتُ ٱلۡجِنَّ وَٱلۡإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعۡبُدُونِ
    And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. (ch 51: surah Adh Dhariyat : verse 56).