jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever kept a diary or list of the books you have read? How did you orga

1. mactavers profile image90
    mactaversposted 4 months ago

Have you ever kept a diary or list of the books you have read?  How did you organize it?

So many times, I tell someone about a book that I know they would like or find useful, but I can't remember the exact title or author. Also I'm wondering how many of the books I read are really interesting or useful.

2. alekhouse profile image83
    alekhouseposted 4 months ago

No, I keep all my books in book cases, of which I have several. All the books are categorized and easily accessible, so if someone asks me a question about one of them, I know exactly where to find it. And since I am an author and a memoirist, I can usually recall when I read it and details concerning the reading of it.

3. annart profile image86
    annartposted 4 months ago

Yes, I have a list of previous Book Club reads which is a diverse collection!  They are kept in alphabetical order of authors. 
    My own books are organised by subject; children's fiction, adult fiction, geography, history, nature etc...  Then I tend to put them in order of how much I like them!
    As far as interesting or useful goes, that is entirely subjective.  What's fascinating to one is of no interest to another and vice versa.  Thank goodness for individuality!
    Great question!
    Ann

4. satomko profile image93
    satomkoposted 4 months ago

I keep a list of titles and authors in a Word document as a redundancy because I also am on goodreads.com, which lets you keep a list of all the books you've read as wells as options on how to categorize and keep track of them.  I recommend it.

5. escole61 profile image82
    escole61posted 3 months ago

No, but I did start to record the books I've read on Goodreads. Gradually writing reviews etc. Sometimes I remember a book of old that I have not registered. Then I go on there to put it down. Over a period of time, you can get a good idea of how many novels you have read.

6. Renderbug profile image88
    Renderbugposted 3 months ago

I reviewed books for over 7 years, so I came up with a couple of different ways to keep my book lists organized. GoodReads.com is a great site for that. I also have a spreadsheet on my computer that I used to keep track of what I read and when, as well as any books I purchased or received for review. Doing that didn't tell me where a book was in my house, but it at least let me keep a couple of aspects of my reading a bit more organized.

working