Can we Harness the Energy of Gravity.?

1. Birman Subba profile image60
    Birman Subbaposted 5 months ago

Can we Harness the Energy of Gravity.?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 months ago

Strange you should ask this question.  It was the same question I asked some time back and then looked up various sites on the Internet to see if there was anything on it.   Seems not.   But then another thought occurred:  Can we focus magnetism?   That is, can we concentrate a magnetic field down to a sharp, intense point?

Apparently we can.  It's done with the shape of a pyramid.  My thought:  If we had a number of huge sattelites (e.g. human-made satellite) and if they were big enough, and we could mount highly directional magnetic streams onto particularly small locations on earth, then maybe we could use such focused magnetism to launch (pull) things into space.

I recall, as a child (back in 1940s) reading a comic book in which a scientist had invented what was called, in the story, The Black Beam.  The Black Beam provided a path through which things could travel into space.

Who knows, Science Fiction might well be the precursor of the real thing.   It won't be the first time it's happened. e.g. Arthur C Clarke's fixed orbit sattelites.

working