‘Victims of the New Normal’ by Kyler J Falk

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Please read this powerful piece of poetry by Kyler.
    https://hubpages.com/literature/Victims … New-Normal
    Kyler makes great use of alliteration in this hard-hitting poem
    I hate this so called “new normal” that we are faced with. Here in Australia, the unvaccinated being prevented from doing anything other than shop for groceries and use public transport. Only fully vaccinated will be allowed to go to clubs and restaurants, attend concerts, sporting events, weddings of more than 20 etc etc. there is growing protest and aggravation. The natives are becoming restless. A great piece of writing, Kyler.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The World Is at War

Let us not allow the narrative to continue, because we should sooner tear the pages from the book of this life than let the authors write us into a horror story with a bleak end.

That hits me.

2. Venkatachari M profile image82
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I just read this one and it was very much touching to my senses. We shouldn't allow this to happen. Each of us should express our voices against such new normal before it takes possession of us.

I wanted to comment at the end of that post by Kyler. But, I couldn't find any way of doing that. Neither, did I find any others' comments there.

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We cannot comment on articles or on the feed anymore, Venkat. They are gradually reintroducing it on the niche sites one at a time. That is why we are sharing other’s articles in the forums.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Venk

Each of us should express our voices against such new normal before it takes possession of us.

I'm not against anything, yet I am all for voicing and express our freedoms of speech and not for anybody over possessness us.

What is normal?

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is a mastery in alliteration. I see it as describing what is being called "evil's last hurrah." At least I hope so. I think Kyler nailed it. Thanks for calling our attention to it, John.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

I was Grimm like most other people about the covid at first. I actually do sense this is the last grand hurrah for the evil greedy. At least for decades to come.
        Our kids are on to them, the old have been hypnoized and programed for too long.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Kyler
    This last part is so powerful.
    "Let us not allow the narrative to continue, because we should sooner tear the pages from the book of this life than let the authors write us into a horror story with a bleak end." ~ Kyler Falk

It is our new normal....but nothing about this is Normal.

We all want to be safe from this Covid, yet the efforts are tearing us all apart.
    I see division even within families.

I wish there was a simple solution, but I honestly don't see one in the near future.

They are beginning to make people prove vaccination here to attend venues also.

Which for me is fine because I got vaccinated, but it's getting restless.

Only 52% of Ohio has been vaccinated so far, so I think the fear on both sides is waging war.

Great write.

3. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I agree Castlepaloma. There is no “normal” especially now. Maybe this is a push to try and force everyone into the same box.

4. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading this powerful piece by Kyler. Yes, the world is at war. I got vaccinated just because I wanted to travel. This is bad. I agree with Bredz that we all want to be protected from Covid, yet the efforts are splitting us all apart. This is all the play of so-called "Big Authorities", I believe.

Thank you for writing such a great piece, Kyler, and thank you so much, John, for creating this forum where we can share our thoughts.

Blessings to both of you!

5. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

If they want to put all of us in the same box, then they should do so by providing a free supply of vaccines to everybody. And, offer door-to-door services. That's what the authorities should do.

1. Venkatachari M profile image82
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

By the way, I got both doses of the Covaxin already. My son got it done.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

They are training Australia troop to go door to door forcing jabs and chase them into the bush if do not comply. Wait til they discover all my booby traps, and excaped routes

My area has  a great shortage of nurses because many of them know what is really going on. Politician and nurses are very afraid to go back to work.

6. Kyler J Falk profile image89
    Kyler J Falkposted 2 years ago

Hello everyone!

I've been quite busy with duty firearms recertification, driving all over the state to prove to the government I am worthy of being allowed to continue my duties I've been carrying out for years. I'd like to address you all individually, but I only have a few minutes to sit and type before I need to hop in the shower and get ready for a day with my son. It's starting to look like life is about to get very busy for me.

A big thank you to John, Brenda, Misbah, and everyone else for taking time out of their schedules to read this piece. This was definitely a piece meant to represent my feelings about government overreach, and how the media is just a slew of near-constant shaming no matter where you look. This pandemic, the ongoing responses, and the hypocrisy of those in charge has really continued to frustrate and eat away at me, especially as I'm forced onto the front lines to enforce rules I do not agree with.

It is nice to see that the community is remaining interconnected via the forums, and I've been doing my best to keep up with my desire to read everyone's work. When I really get some time to sit and form some meaningful thoughts, I'll be hitting the forums to show my appreciation for all of your pieces as well.

Thanks for being there, and being an amazing community!

7. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Kyler
    Thanks and have an amazing day with your Son.

Enjoy those moments...they are Most Important.

8. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Thank you so much, Kyler. Have a wonderful day.
    Blessings to you and your sweet little son. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)