jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Funny typos/spelling errors

1. Sportsandfaith profile image59
    Sportsandfaithposted 5 years ago

As a teaching assistant, I do a lot of grading. This means I see quite a few hilarious mistakes.

For example, a student recently wrote that "the goal is a decrease of waist around the world" instead of "decrease of waste." Also, the phrase "have a lasting effect on families and their livelihoods" is much more humorous when it reads "have a lasting effect on families and their lively hoods"

I'm sure others have come across similar instances, looking forward to reading your answers!

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sportsandfaith, I thought this was a great thread. I'm bringing it to the surface once again to see who has one to share, although I can't think of any right now. big_smile

2. Mazzy Bolero profile image80
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I recall when I was at school my friend wrote on a music exam paper, "Beethoven never married but just went from landlady to landlady"

1. profile image0

That's actually pretty funny! Lol

My first year teaching music I did a unit on music history. Have you ever given a music history test to eight year olds? Never again! Somehow Beethoven ended up being born in Kentucky and writing Can Can!

1. Mazzy Bolero profile image80
        Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've never taught 8 year olds, but I remember a hilarious - or maybe scary - multiple-choice quiz that was given to kids last Christmas and reported in a British newspaper.  Asked whose birthday Christmas was, one in  four said Simon Cowell.  The same percentage also thought Jesus was born in Brentwood, Essex.  One in ten kids thought Barack Obama was one of Santa's reindeer.

1. profile image0

LOL

I think they're on to something there Mazzy! At least about Barack Obama. big_smile

working