How to Choose a Jack LaLanne Juicer for Food, Apple Cider and Processor Recipes
A Quick, Tasty and Healthy Way to Improve Nutrition
Are you getting all the fruits and vegetables your body needs for proper health and nutrition? The USDA recommends 4 - 13 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, depending on sex, age, and activity level. The recommendation further states that we need to be eating a variety of vegetables selected from all five vegetable subgroups (dark green, orange, starchy, vegetables, legumes, and other vegetables) several times each week.
Very few people even come close to meeting this recommendation and it shows not only in their lack of stamina and energy, but in related health issues as well. Juicing is an effective and delicious way to meet your nutritional needs, allowing you to achieve the benefits of a healthy diet.
Once you know the basics of how a juice extractor works, choosing the Jack Lalanne juicer model that will best serve your needs will be easy. Finding the right juicer will make incorporating this healthy habit into your lifestyle a pleasure.
Things to consider before buying your juicer:
The first thing you need to decide is how you want to use your new power juicer. Are you going to be juicing every morning? Is it important that you have the quietest juicer available so you don’t wake the family? What are you going to be juicing? If you just want to make orange juice or grapefruit juice, a simple citrus juicer might be all you really need. Do you want to juice hard root vegetables, or wheatgrass? A wheatgrass juicer has special features that allow you to juice at the low speed necessary to process not only wheatgrass, but hard root vegetables as well. Once you’ve decided how you want to use your juicer, you’ll need to take into consideration the amount of storage space or counter space you have available and what your budget will allow.
Now that you have an idea of what you need in a juice extractor, we’ll take a look at some of the most popular Jack Lalanne Juicer machines and the features available for each. Evaluating a juicer based on your needs will ensure you get the juicer that’s right for you.
Power Juicer Pro PJP
Power Juicer Pro
The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer – PJP Power Juicer Pro
Jack Lalanne has redesigned his original juicer resulting in the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Pro with some great new features. The Power Juicer Pro has a quiet 3,600 RPM motor with extraction technology. This patented extraction technology preserves vital nutrients, yet delivers up to 30 percent more juice than other leading juicers. The Power Juicer Pro extracts delicious all-natural juice in seconds.
- Stainless-steel juicer produces fresh juice quickly and easily
- Extra-large round produce chute
- Stainless-steel mesh filter and blade
- Whisper-quiet 3,600 RPM motor
- Patented extraction technology
- Large-capacity pulp collector
- Non-drip juice spout
- Parts are dishwasher-safe
- Measures approximately 18 X 12 bX 17 inches
- Limited lifetime warranty on the motor
Power Juicer JLPJB
JLPJB Power Juicer
Jack LaLanne Juicer - JLPJB Power Juicer Juicing Machine
This is the original Jack Juicer – the Jack LaLanne “As Seen On TV” juicer. The JLPJB Power Juicer is a powerful commercial quality juicer featuring Jack Lalanne’s patented juice extraction technology, extra-large feed chute, and quiet 3,600 RPM motor. The unit is easy to use and clean and comes with a recipe and instruction booklet.
- Whisper quiet 3,600 RPM motor
- Surgical quality stainless steel blade
- Extra-large round feed tube
- Extra-large Detachable Pulp Collector
- Dishwasher safe parts
Power Juicer JLSS
JLSS Power Juicer
Jack Lalanne Juicer - JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe
A refreshing addition to your healthy kitchen, the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Deluxe delivers fresh juice quickly and easily. The JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe comes with a powerful 3,600 RPM high performance induction motor, surgical-quality stainless-steel blades and the ability to deliver deliciously healthy juice in seconds. The JLSS also utilizes the extraction technology which squeezes more juice from your fruits and vegetables while preserving vital nutrients and enzymes.
- Stainless-steel juicer extracts fresh juice quickly and easily
- Extra-large round feed chute and food pusher
- Surgical-quality stainless-steel blade
- Whisper-quiet 3,600 RPM high performance induction motor
- Patented extraction technology
- Large-capacity removable pulp collector
- Non-drip juice spout
- Parts are dishwasher-safe for quick cleanup
- Measures 16 X 12 X 15-1/2 inches
- Limited lifetime motor warranty
Jack LaLanne Power Juicer
Caring for your Power Juicer
As with any juicer the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer needs to be cleaned and cared for properly. A juice extractor is a wonderful appliance, but if not properly cleaned it can become a breeding ground for bacteria. Always read the manual that comes with your juicer and learn how to properly maintain and clean it and your new Power Juicer will give you years of faithful service.
For more information on juicing and the features of the Breville Juicer, be sure to read our article How to Choose a Breville Juicer.
Get Started Juicing!
The book's extensive lists of juice combinations make it a very useful reference.
The Complete Book of Juicing reveals how specific juices can help:
• Combat cancer
• Relieve arthritis
• Lower blood pressure
• Resist aging
• Reduce high cholesterol
• Treat kidney stones and ulcers
• And much, much more!
Details the nutritional, preventive, and immune-strengthening powers of fresh fruit and vegetable juices and explains how to use them to cure the symptoms of PMS, arthritis, migraine headaches, motion sickness, and more. Original.
More than a collection of recipes, this book guides readers toward a lifestyle that promotes alkaline balance by juicing, eating well, and cleansing the body and soul. This book primarily focuses on juices, smoothies and soups made from vegetables. It also offers a guide to the food richest in nutrients from Vitamin A to zinc and includes various cleanses to benefit the colon, liver, gall bladder, and kidney and more.
A guide to juicing for health describes the benefits of juice to digestion, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, and lowering weight and features more than one hundred recipes for juice combinations for all occasions.
How to pick and prepare your produce for juicing:
- Whenever possible, choose organic produce.
- Always wash your produce before juicing, even if it’s organic.
- If your produce is not organic, peel it before juicing.
- Firm, ripe fruits and vegetables will provide the best juice. Overripe or soft produce extract more pulp than juice.
- Avoid juicing avocados and bananas, they are too soft and will clog the juicer. These are best processed in a food processor or blender.
- Green vegetable juice – Limit the amount of green vegetable juice to 2 oz per glass. The rest of the glass can be made up of a milder juice, such as apple or carrot. Green vegetable juice has a strong flavor and most people prefer it mixed with a sweeter milder juice; it can also cause temporary gastric discomfort if consumed in large quantities.
- Beet juice – this is another strong flavored juice and is best limited to 4 ounces per glass. The remainder of the glass can be filled with a milder juice like apple or carrot.
- Citrus juice – Remove and discard the rind from grapefruit, oranges and tangerines, but leave as much white pith on the fruit as possible; the pith is packed with vital nutrients. Lemons and limes can be juiced whole with their rinds on.
- Melons – Much of the nutritional value found in melons is in the rind. Juice melons with the peel and interior white rind for maximum nutritional value.
Juicing can play a vital role in a healthy lifestyle. Packed with vitamins, minerals, living enzymes and vital nutrients, fresh juice provides our body’s with the nutrition necessary for good health. Juicing also boosts the immune system and increases metabolism, a welcome addition to any weight loss program!
Our Most Popular Healthful Hubs
- Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Exposed
The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer is an asset to any healthy kitchen. Now getting the essential nutrients from your fruits and vegetables is as close as your juicer. Powerful, healthy, fast and convenient!
- What to Consider When Choosing a Wheatgrass Juicer
Two ounces of fresh wheatgrass juice is equivalent to the nutritional value of roughly 4 pounds of organic green vegetables in vitamin and mineral content. The wheatgrass juicer you choose will depend on several factors.
- Surprising New Information on Losing Weight Fast - P...
If you're looking for information on losing weight fast we've got some surprising research that may shock you. By incorporating these simple steps you'll be able to dramatically increase your success.
- Healing Powers of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has been used in healing for many centuries. Apple Cider Vinegar has been used as a folk remedy for ailments such as sinus infections, skin problems, dandruff, constipation, and even diabetes. It is also beneficial as a weight los
- Are you Rebounding? Rebounder Workout
A rebounder is a mini trampoline or exercise trampoline that provides one of the best forms of exercise imagineable! It's safe, and effective for almost everyone from kids to seniors.
- Lose Weight with Green Tea Weight Loss Tips
Green tea provides many amazing health benefits including the ability to aid in weight loss. With green tea weight loss is accelerated by its ability to raise the metabolic rate and quickly burn fat. Green tea protects against many diseases and impro
- A Weight Loss Program to Transform Your Body & Your ...
Your weight loss program begins with you. Healthy weight loss is possible with the right mindset and a few simple weight loss tips to get your metabolism optimized.
- Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice Revealed
Wheatgrass juice is one of the most widely used supplemental health foods today. Wheatgrass juice is packed full of nutrients that are extremely beneficial to your health. The high chlorophyll content in wheatgrass juice acts as a powerful detoxifier