jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How to clean windows

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to clean windows

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

How to clean windows properly is one of the most asked questions. There are many products manufactured for cleaning windows but natural products that will not hurt the environment are best. read more

3. profile image45
    rosieangelposted 8 years ago

Hot water and detegent.  Always use a dry cloth to wipe after you clean the window with the fluid.  Or you can use a window cleaning mop and rubber blade.

4. profile image48
    Willow1980posted 8 years ago

Rosieangel's suggestion is quite good and does work. Another way that I learned that doesn't leave any streaks is to use old newspaper. I know that sounds off, however it is economical. If you prefer to use a product that is already mixed from the store and are going to use paper towels try this. Use some old newspaper that you are about to throw away. Your windows will be streak free, you just cut down on your waste in your trash can a bit and you may of saved a part of a tree.

5. BohemianGirl profile image52
    BohemianGirlposted 8 years ago

Actually most residential windows these days have a protective coating on them and the only thing you should be using is hot water....most warranties on these type of windows are specific when it comes to what to use so as not to destroy the protective coating.

In my business, I use nothing but hot water with a little Peppermint EO (flies don't like the smell of it, therefore tend not to land and poop on the windows) and cotton cloths.  Very easy to clean this way.

6. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 8 years ago

Well heres the truth about cleaning windows. I am a professional window cleaner and the newspaper and vinegar and just plain hot water are all tricks from the past.

The best way to clean windows by far is Dawn dishwash detergent liquid of course and a bucket of water. Just a squirt will do ya.

You will need a few things and they are all inexpensive and easy to find.
    Get a  squeegee a couple dry rags and either a sponge or use a wand as we do in the window cleaning industry. Not so easy to teach in a couple of sentences but once you have thr right supplies you can figure out the rest. If you cant I have several hubs and a blog you can go to and get actual intruction on cleaning windows.

Oh and by the way Dawn is environmentally safe and recommended by all window and solar film installers.

7. Marian White profile image60
    Marian Whiteposted 8 years ago

The best way to clean windows properly is with car screen wash.
    I fill an old spray container half with cold water and the other with car screen wash and shake well.
    Spray a fine mist onto the windows and clean with kitchen roll and finish with a soft cloth.
    Unlike proprietry window cleaner or detergent, screen wash does not streak. 
    Hope this helps!

8. MikeMorton101 profile image57
    MikeMorton101posted 6 years ago

if you want to clean your window than you must visit http://www.agsreplacementwindows.com/ because this website give you solution for your question.

9. garyluther profile image38
    garylutherposted 5 years ago

Use newspaper with a vinegar/water solution..If you are looking more then you can contact at 773-776-9274

working