jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What Spring cleaning tasks are most important?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

What Spring cleaning tasks are most important?

I tend to clean all the curtains and bedding and test the smoke detectors.  I also start to prepare the garden area for when it warms enough to plant.  Are there other household tasks that should be done every Spring that are important?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Christin.....In my part of the country, believe me when I say, "Spring" is welcomed with huge open arms (not to mention, open windows!)   By the time the red robin comes bobbin along around here, I would venture to say that Spring Clean-up is a celebration rather than a task!  Personally I take it all the way past  "a NEW beginning & fresh start!"
    I head straight for the windows, spray, paper towels and squeegie in tote.  I love sparkly windows. Time to air out the whole house!
    Then it's a matter of room to room, in terms of the inside of the house.  I will often empty a room entirely and just start scrubbing, polishing and making any little repairs necessary.  Of course, as long as it's empty....might as well rearrange it differently when you're done cleaning...right?  A little bit of scenery adjustment doesn't hurt.
    Outside?  Oh brother.  Huge yard, huge garage, shrubs, flowers.......some paint touch-ups here and there.  Just the debris that collected under the snow, takes a couple of full days to clear up.
    Gosh, Christin.....you got me in the mood.  How I WISH it was just around the corner.  I'm afraid we may not get a fair start until the very end of March this year!  Trust me....I'll be ready!!    Good question!

ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I hear you! It could be well into April or closer to May this year for us (midwest) You know it's been a long winter when you look forward to the days of weeding the garden and sweating in the sun doing it! lol

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

My first and foremost cleaning endeavor is to thoroughly clean the front porch of all the debris that has collected over the winter months, and then wash the porch and clean the furniture and outside shutters, and lastly, but not least, the front door and windows. It puts visitors in the right state of total unpreparedness for that first step into the Addam's Family ambiance we so proudly keep for the rest of the house.

ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I lol'd at the Addam's Family ambience.  We live in an old country house so I totally understand. Keeping ahead of debris on the porches out here is kind of a year round exercise in futility wink.

2. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

smile I wish I was as industrious as I used to be; nowadays I just get to whatever spring cleaning chore I happen to reach first, lol.

working