When you find an ink spot, the first thing you should do is to stop it from spreading.
If you have already tried to clean the stain up, you already know that the ink, when it becomes wet, will run.
This is a normal reaction with most types of ink and the damage that it does as it spreads is even harder to clean. To stop this stain from spreading, follow these tips.
* Mix 50% of ammonia with 50% of hydrogen peroxide. A small amount is all that is necessary.
* Spray or drop the area around the ink stain with a ring of this mixture.
* The mixture will react to the ink as it begins to spread, locking it into the confined area.
* The ink can not move outside of this ring then.
* Then, use a cleaning solvent that is safe for the piece of clothing that you are cleaning and dissolve the stain. Use small amounts at a time.
* Keep the hydrogen barrier around the ink stain so that it does not spread.
by L.A. Walsh 5 years ago
Tips on getting old stains out of clothes
by Spider Girl 8 years ago
How can I remove the stain of ballpoint pen ink from my shirt?My shirt is actually white and I don't want to bleach it. Can anyone help me out?
by InfoFinder 6 years ago
What are the best ways to remove blood stains from clothing and fabrics?
by Injured lamb 5 years ago
Can Ink stains on the clothes be removed if it is too long?
by Shanaaya Taneez 4 years ago
How to remove stubborn stains from a white dress?I washed a white chiffon like dress ( a bit silk) with some other colored clothes. One of the shirts faded color onto that dress. some blue and purple. What can I soak it in to get the stain out? It went through the whole wash and dry cycle, so the...
by Kim Kennedy 5 years ago
What's the best way to remove stains from stainless steel?My son tends to leave food tins standing in the sink soaking, despite repeated requests not to do this. The bottom of the tins leave a black circle on the stainless steel. They are very stubborn stains. Any suggestions to help remove them...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|