When you find an ink spot, the first thing you should do is to stop it from spreading.
If you have already tried to clean the stain up, you already know that the ink, when it becomes wet, will run.
This is a normal reaction with most types of ink and the damage that it does as it spreads is even harder to clean. To stop this stain from spreading, follow these tips.
* Mix 50% of ammonia with 50% of hydrogen peroxide. A small amount is all that is necessary.
* Spray or drop the area around the ink stain with a ring of this mixture.
* The mixture will react to the ink as it begins to spread, locking it into the confined area.
* The ink can not move outside of this ring then.
* Then, use a cleaning solvent that is safe for the piece of clothing that you are cleaning and dissolve the stain. Use small amounts at a time.
* Keep the hydrogen barrier around the ink stain so that it does not spread.
by InfoFinder5 years ago
What are the best ways to remove blood stains from clothing and fabrics?
by Diane Minton4 years ago
How do you remove barbecue stains from a golf shirt?I am having no success in taking the stain out, it was in three or four places on the shirt.
by Shanaaya Taneez3 years ago
How to remove stubborn stains from a white dress?I washed a white chiffon like dress ( a bit silk) with some other colored clothes. One of the shirts faded color onto that dress. some blue and purple. What can I soak it...
by CassyLu19815 years ago
How do you remove rust stains from a Stainless Steel sink?
by L.A. Walsh5 years ago
Tips on getting old stains out of clothes
by Spider Girl7 years ago
How can I remove the stain of ballpoint pen ink from my shirt?My shirt is actually white and I don't want to bleach it. Can anyone help me out?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.