jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the best ways to remove blood stains from clothing and fabrics?

1. InfoFinder profile image73
    InfoFinderposted 6 years ago

What are the best ways to remove blood stains from clothing and fabrics?

2. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Have to do this when it's still wet. If already dry - fuggedaboutit. Use Hydrogen peroxide

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Soak it in cold water as soon as you can.  Then, I would put stain remover on it, and wash it in cold water.  The sooner you can do this when the blood comes into contact with the material, the better!

4. shyanne72 profile image52
    shyanne72posted 5 years ago

After managing a laundromat wash dry fold business for over 15 years, I have learned a trick or two along the way. I deal with dry blood stains often, especially on sheets and they can most definitely be a chore to remove but it isn't impossible. Ptosis was correct in using peroxide, but I do not agree that it has to be a fresh stain. Of course the sooner you start removing the stain the easier it will be to get out but It doesn't mean that it can't be removed once dried.

Using cool water wet garment and try to loosen up any blood that you can. You have to test the material in question for color fastness first, once you know the color is safe you can cover the stain in peroxide and let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse, and repeat until stain is gone. If the stain is stubborn, make up a quart of cold water and add about 3 tablespoons dawn dish liquid and 1/4 of ammonia and soak over night. Wash as recommended.

If neither of these work for you, go out and get a bottle of resolve carpet cleaner. Spray on stain let soak for 30 minutes or longer, respray and wash as usual.

working