jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to remove stubborn stains from a white dress?

1. Shanaaya profile image61
    Shanaayaposted 3 years ago

How to remove stubborn stains from a white dress?

I washed a white chiffon like dress ( a bit silk) with some other colored clothes. One of the shirts faded color onto that dress. some blue and purple. What can I soak it in to get the stain out? It went through the whole wash and dry cycle, so the stain may be set. Any suggestions? any natural way would be much appreciated.

2. Foodeee profile image78
    Foodeeeposted 3 years ago

Try using Oxiclean or another hydrogen peroxide based cleaner. I don't know if other companies make this stuff but if you soak your dress in the Oxiclean for a few hours or even over night the stains will come out. It works on really old stains so it would work on these news pretty easily. I would use bleach and some bluing as a last resort. Bleach has a yellow effect and the bluing will brighten the white back up. But use a tiny bit.

Remember Billy Mays for Oxiclean.

3. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

You could try soaking it in the same kind of solution used to whiten nappies. Your big problem of course is that you've essentially 'dyed' the fabric, instead of just staining it with 'dirt'.  Might work though.

Good luck. smile

4. profile image53
    RhondaVueposted 3 years ago

I have found that the best thing to do when your white item of clothing get a stain that will not come out is to tie-dye it. Viola` you can no longer see that stain

working