jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How to make a bed

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to make a bed

2. CiscoPixie profile image78
    CiscoPixieposted 8 years ago

As you stand in the doorway of your bedroom, you realize that you
    have no idea how to make a bed! You start to panic and your palms
    become sweaty as you look at the bare bed. All it is now is a matress
    on top of a bed base. Nothing more.
    So what... read more

3. heart4theword profile image80
    heart4thewordposted 8 years ago

When you are the last person in the bed, get in the middle of the bed, pull up the covers up to the top of your head.  Then get out of bed, it is now easier to make the bed by yourself.  I know if I don't make my bed first thing in the morning, I have a harder start to my day.  How nice it feels to walk in and out of the room throuhout the day, seeing my bed made and room clean...it gives me a clean, complete feeling.  Have a Happy Day:)

4. profile image50
    Pappi2posted 8 years ago

Whats the point?

As long as all the bed linen is washed and cleaned frequently, what is the point in spending too much time every day making the bed anyway?  You will only spend 6 or 8 hours tonight putting it back exactly as you have it now?  Give the duvet a quick shake and a stroke of the hand and put the pillows back in position, and away, job done!!

5. profile image0
    CloieElizabethposted 8 years ago

Obviously the first thing you need to put on is the bottom fitted sheet.
    Firstly tuck the top right corner of the bottom sheet under the mattress, then do the bottom left corner; or vice versa. Then move on to the two corners that are left.
    By doing opposite corners, it stops the bottom sheet from being tucked over too much on the one side, as it pulls the sheet evenly across the mattress.

Then you move onto the pillow cases. I usually put two pillows into one pillow case (Makes them seem chunkier) So they're much more comfortable.
    Pull your pillow cases inside out, then reach into the cases grabbing the two corners with your hands. You then hold the two corners of your pillow with the same hands that are inside the pillow case, and you stand up and tip them upside down to give them abit of a shake so as the case can fall over the sides of the pillow. You then just pull the remaining piece of material over the rest of the pillow with your hands.
    That same method applys when trying to put on your duvet cover.

After all of that is done, you place the pillows in the correct place, put the duvet on the bed and tuck in the corners.
    Add some cushions onto the bed or teddys to make it look more welcoming if you wish. Or maybe even add a throw at the end of your bed.

6. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

learn carpentry, get your tools and wood and make your bed; of course, if you want a sprung base, you will need to know engideering and how to make spring steel.

7. profile image0
    hitalotposted 7 years ago

Don't just wait for the maid !
    Then pray that the Lord may help you get over your laziness !

8. N.E. Wright profile image81
    N.E. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Almost anything I do gives me story ideas to write about.  Cleaning -- and keeping schedules -- is one of those things thanks to my Mother who is MY MUSE. read more

9. Marliza Gunter profile image78
    Marliza Gunterposted 7 years ago

lol...easy..do it the way your mom always did it, not the way dad does it...hehe.. smile

10. aslanlight profile image72
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

I have a good tip about changing a duvet cover. Turn the cover inside out, put your hands inside and hold the top corners, then grab the corners of the duvet and shake the cover down over it. It sounds harder than it is; it actually makes the job easier.

working