jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

HOW CAN I TELL MY SON,HIS WIFE IS NOT WELCOME IN MY HOME

1. munity profile image54
    munityposted 8 years ago

HOW CAN I TELL MY SON,HIS WIFE IS NOT WELCOME IN MY HOME

I LOVE MY SON AS FOR MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW,SHE STAYED OVER TO MY HOME AND DIDNOT MAKE THE BED UP..

2. xboxps3wow profile image42
    xboxps3wowposted 8 years ago

WoW, really? You are gonna kick you son's wife because she didn't make the bed? Dont you think its a little extreme?

3. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

I hope there is more to your not wanting your daughter-in-law over because she did not make up her bed; and, possibly avoided other chores as well.

No matter what the reason you don't want your daughter-in-law over is, it will put a strain on your relationship with your son.  And, if the reason you don't want her over is because of an unmade bed, you may be treading on very thin ice as far as your son goes.  You might even lose him if you make him chose between you and his wife.

Please think this over before you act.  Perhaps a chat with your daughter-in-law will help you two get along better.

Good luck.

4. davidseeger profile image61
    davidseegerposted 7 years ago

In this case you don't. If this is your only problem with her than thank you good fortune that she will let him come see you with or without the wife. Deal with it.

5. Julie Briggs profile image57
    Julie Briggsposted 7 years ago

I hope you are still on hubpages munity. Please don't reject your daughter-in-law over such a minor infringement of your expectations.  This will hurt your son and I'm sure that is not what you intend. 

Think about yourself as well.  Do you look forward to seeing your son often?  Do you look forward to having and seeing grandchildren?

You may think you can have a relationship with your son while distancing him from his wife.  If he allows this, he is choosing you over his own new family.

I hope you will not put your son under this kind of pressure.  He would be right to choose his wife and his new family (meaning he and his wife and any future children) over you.  This would I'm sure, hurt him enormously.

Please choose wisely and support him in his relationship with his wife and reap the rewards of seeing their relationship flourish.

working