jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

what fruits can I plant as a "hedge"?

1. ainehannah profile image72
    ainehannahposted 8 years ago

what fruits can I plant as a "hedge"?

I've a four-foot deep privet hedge that needs replacing. I'd like to plant fruit bushes (gooseberries, blackcurrant etc) or trees (like espalliered apple trees, maybe?) It gets the sun from early morning till about 4 o'clock in the afternoon

2. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I use Bluberries as a hedge. I had fruit within a few months too. They have the morning sun and evening shade, and seem to require little care.

3. Delaney Boling profile image62
    Delaney Bolingposted 8 years ago

Without knowing what zone you're in, it's hard to be much help but I've had great success using kumquats as an easily maintainable hedge. I'm in central CA so we have a pretty mediterranean climate year-round and the soil is more on the acidic side. As a good rule of thumb, if oranges or other citrus grow well in your area, kumquats should do well also. Hope this helps and good luck!

4. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

To create hedge it is necessary to know the soil condition, the climatic condition and testing experiment, only then the actual type of plant could be ascertained for hedge.

5. leandroflorist profile image35
    leandrofloristposted 7 years ago

For me, i use berries as a hedge. Check this link http://hubpages.com/hub/san-leandro-florist

working