jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can you join the U.S. Marines Corps if you have high school diploma but its from

1. profile image47
    jesusjrposted 7 years ago

Can you join the U.S. Marines Corps if you have high school diploma but its from a charter school?

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

That sounds like an excellent question to ask a Marine recruiter, they know all the ins and outs.

3. Sterling Carter profile image74
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

I don't know. Times have changed a bit since I was in the Corps.

I attended a private school but it was an accredited school.

My son was looking into joining the Corps and I learned then that they were not accepting people with GED's. My son graduated from a state school. I learned that fact by talking with the recruiter.

If you score high enough on the AsVabs you should be fine. They can always get a waiver.

Good luck.

4. tcnixon profile image60
    tcnixonposted 7 years ago

Absolutely yes, you can join the U.S. Marine Corps if you have a diploma from a charter school *if* that charter schools is in a traditional setting and is not an online school. The military still hasn't figured out the whole online thing as of yet.

Remember that a charter school is still a public school.

Tom Nixon
    http://BestOnlineHighSchools.com

1. melodychalkley profile image61
      melodychalkleyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely No and Maybe! The Marines and all of the other branches are now ranking traditional charter schools to determine if they will be accepted.  A traditional charter school will NOT be acceptable if it does not have a Gym.

working