jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

what you will do to calm yourself when you are so pissed off with somebody....pl

1. NikenDiana profile image53
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

what you will do to calm yourself when you are so pissed off with somebody....please advise..

2. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

well, first of all breathing is key. The body reacts to stress by activating the nervous system and  certain hormones. These hormones speed up heart rate, breathing rate, blood pressure, and metabolism. Blood vessels open wider to let more blood flow to large muscle groups, putting our muscles on alert.  Breathing is a great way to calm yourself. Usually when things are said in the heat of the moment it is because of the hormone release in our body. Thus , we end up saying things we regret due to a lack of being able to think clearly due to the hormone changes that are going on. Taking a moment to breathe and let the body destress helps.

3. LillyGrillzit profile image76
    LillyGrillzitposted 7 years ago

Breathing,...what Mandyf says. Take deep breaths and stop from reacting. As an old fart, I have found that when someone else makes us mad, it is often because of something in us.

4. motricio profile image70
    motricioposted 7 years ago

Get drunk. In some cases there is nothing left to do to get you out from that state of angry, and going out to drink some beers is not forbidden, unless you are not older 18.

5. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 7 years ago

First of all, I would try my best not to allow it to get that far, but unfortunately sometimes you reach the end of your tether. If such an occasion arises, then I'd, as both Mandy and Lilly have said, focus on breathing, but also count from one to ten and by the time you've done that, you should hopefully feel much better, and more importantly calmer.

Giving yourself that precious time to count and breathe should make a difference to whether you stay calm or whether you say something or do something that you might regret.

6. sir_tallest profile image62
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

personally i quickly think of something funny and start laughing........if i am so gone in anger that that can't help.......i'll just walk out of the place and will not come back until i have claim

7. LIFE IS ABOUT profile image57
    LIFE IS ABOUTposted 7 years ago

walk away, take a break , calm down, do not say anything when your angry(even if its true), take a moment for your self (it is of to be selfish once in a while). After you calm down ask your self one question was this a biggie(something your never going to get over) or a no biggie(he left his underwear on the floor again). Then ask your self if its all worth it? If he is work it out, if not pack your stuff and leave.

8. fdoleac profile image58
    fdoleacposted 7 years ago

Remove yourself from the situation if possible.  Focus on your breathing