jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Bedbugs -- since heat is supposed to kill them, why haven't I ...

1. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Bedbugs -- since heat is supposed to kill them, why haven't I ...

seen any suggestions to blast them with a hair dryer?  (Run it around all wall cracks and furniture and bedding seams.)  Would that work?

BTW, whether you have any kind of bug problem or not, PULL  UP  YOUR  CARPETING and refinish the floors underneath.  Carpeting is nasty.

2. Alison Graham profile image98
    Alison Grahamposted 7 years ago

Firstly, a hair dryer would just make the problem worse, it would spread eggs without killing them, these would hatch and the infestation would be spread to other areas.  Secondly, the heat would not be sufficient to kill adults and these would also be spread by the blast of air.
    A dry vapor steamer is the best way to use heat to kill bed bugs and instructions are very specific that the largest steamer head should be used so that the steam is not applied under pressure as this too could spread both eggs and adult insects. 
    I hope this answers your question.

3. justom profile image70
    justomposted 7 years ago

The best and cheapest way to get rid of them is a bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle and wrap your mattress or whatever in plastic. The alcohol zaps them immediately.

4. profile image48
    rogerferero12posted 6 years ago

Smoking Remedy

It's possible you'll notice bug elimination providers speak on the subject of smoking therapy intended for handling bed bugs. This is the canister which generate a large amount of smoking that has Permethrin Synthetic Pyrethriod .

As soon as the bed bug smoker happens to be turned on you won't be capable to return to your property for at the very least several hours (each and every merchandise has a distinctive period). I am not confident how powerful this can be.
    Useful resource: http://www.bedbugbitesinfo.com/

working