jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

how to kill bedbugs

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

how to kill bedbugs

2. carolegalassi profile image61
    carolegalassiposted 8 years ago

Kill bed bugs by washing everything in hot, hot water and vacuuming your mattress, including seams. You also need to vaccum your living space very well, including furniture, changing the bag outside (hatchlings can wiggle through a stitch hole). Wash or dry clean everything moveable (clothes, bedspreads, throw rugs) in hottest water. Then call a professional exterminator because they will have the right chemicals to spray that will still be safe for you.

3. profile image30
    Safe Shieldposted 8 years ago

Ever hear of Bed Bug Bully? They are giving away a free sample with your purchase to kill bed bugs.

http://www.bedbugbully.com

If you don't want to pay for the shipping, then you can always go towards an exterminator or throw your items away.

I would avoid using harsh chemicals with DDT in them.

Their is also preventative alternatives like using bug zip or locking down your furniture so you don't get bed bugs in the future.

4. connie6772 profile image60
    connie6772posted 8 years ago

I've heard that you can also vaccum your bed and then throw out your vaccum bag. Not sure if this acutally kill them but it helps keep the population down I'm sure.

5. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

My daughter has severe allergies & I bought special allergy bedding.  For the box spring it is a plastic covering that you zip the box spring in.  For her mattress, its a nice mattress pad that you zip the mattress into, same for the pillows - the bed bugs can breathe in the material and die!

6. hassam profile image83
    hassamposted 8 years ago

Bed bugs are small insects that have a flat body with
    oval shape. An adult bed bug’s size is one-third of an inch, while its larva is
    of the rice grain’s size.   They usually live in the dark crevices and cracks of
    our homes and feed themselves... read more

working