Do houses sell better if walls are left neutral?

1. j.amie profile image60
    j.amieposted 7 years ago

Do houses sell better if walls are left neutral?

We are fixing up our house, and may sell it when we are done. I don't want to live in blah sanitary-colored rooms until then...or until a decision is made!  I am painting the rooms to go with my decor style. Personally I would rather see the potential that house has rather than a blank canvas with little imagination, but "they" say neutral is better. What do you think?

2. Avamum profile image84
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

You know, I have heard this statement a lot - "keep it neutral" when it comes to picking paint and decorating a home for selling.  But when I go to see a house that is for sale, I always prefer the homes that ARE decorated with some colour....even an accent wall in the living room or dining room helps the home look more "put together".

3. Stella Kaye profile image89
    Stella Kayeposted 23 months ago

Houses with neutral interior walls always make rooms appear more spacious and give the viewer the feeling that they can put their own personal stamp on the property. It's also wise to clear away all clutter and personal paraphernalia when you are having prospective purchasers round.

working