jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you own a crock pot and, if so, what do you think about it?

1. Chris Simiriglia profile image60
    Chris Simirigliaposted 7 years ago

Do you own a crock pot and, if so, what do you think about it?

Do you use it often? What do you make in it? Do you have favorite recipes?

2. Ivorwen profile image73
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I use to own a crock pot, but it wasn't big enough for my family, so I gave it away.  The one I had was nice, but not fantastic. 

I used it frequently to make whole one dish meals.  Pulled bar-b-que pork, oriental chicken and several fish dishes were my favorite recipes.  Now I use a roasting pan in the oven, set at low temps to make these dishes.

3. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 7 years ago

I have a medium sized crockpot and I think it is great.  You can fix so many recipes in a crockpot and it's much easier than standing over the stove for an hour or two.  Plus, there are great cookbooks just for crockpots.

4. Tightwad Gourmand profile image56
    Tightwad Gourmandposted 7 years ago

I have owned a variety of crock pots over the years, and I love them! They're an especial boon to the budget-minded cook. You can put inexpensive tough-but-tasty cuts of meat in a crock pot, let it simmer all day, and come home to perfectly-tender dinner all ready and waiting for you.

5. K. E. Bellamy profile image60
    K. E. Bellamyposted 7 years ago

I really enjoy using a crock pot for soups, pot roasts, chicken barbecue, lots of different dishes are possible. It's easy to put together and easy to clean. I use my crock pot at least once a week.

working