jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

can you detox at home by yourself?

1. tlouise11 profile image60
    tlouise11posted 7 years ago

can you detox at home by yourself?

I am an addict, my choice of drug is crack cocaine , I would love for someone to help me out ,

2. BloggingPilar profile image65
    BloggingPilarposted 7 years ago

It's not recommended. Everyone, no matter what their habit, even smoking cigarettes, need a support system. You will have the "craving for it" for the next 10 years and thats WITH a support system in place. The first thing that you need to do, as hard as THAT may be, is to remove yourself from the situations and friends that you have done this with.
    I wish you the BEST of luck and hope you continue to keep a hub on how you are making out, maybe it will help someone who is going through the same thing, but leary about publishing it.

3. simplyreena profile image60
    simplyreenaposted 7 years ago

The best way you can do to detox yourself is through water therapy. Drink lots of water to flush out those chemicals from drugs that you've been taking before. Eat fruits and vegetables and do simple exercise like brisk walking every morning. Look forward to a clean and healthy living. You have to help yourself also if you really want to avoid those harmful drugs. Its not too late.. ^_^

4. Lazer317 profile image82
    Lazer317posted 7 years ago

The only way you would be able to succeed on your own would be cutting out everyone in your life that you associate with your drug of choice.  Dealers, addicts, anyone.  Then I would have someone you trust be there while you detox for the first few days. Make sure to drink lots of water and keep yourslef occupied.
    Good luck!

5. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

It is a good idea to detox in an inpatient facility.  You do not know what health issues could arise if you detox on your own.  At least consult your docter before going down the path of detoxing on your own.

working