jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best way to clean the inside of a microwave? It is so sticky.

1. BlissfulWriter profile image64
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to clean the inside of a microwave?  It is so sticky.

2. Avamum profile image84
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

Fill a microwave-safe bowl of water and vinegar (half and half) and microwave it uncovered on "high" for about 3 minutes, or until almost boiling.  It will make the inside of the microwave moist and steamy, and easy to wipe out with a damp cloth.  Dip the cloth in the bowl if needed.

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

for the love of god do not use vinegar, this will make you kitchen smell like an unhygenic chippy, put freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl of water, switch the microwave on for a couple of minutes, then take bowl out and wipe the insides of the microwave with tissue to wipe away all the dirt and moister,, and leaving you with a fresh smelling clean microwave smile

4. Midnight11 profile image56
    Midnight11posted 7 years ago

I agree with Chouji, vinegar will work, but will smell for a month.

Lemon will do the same thing while smelling much more pleasant.

Plus, to save it getting sticky, just give it a quick wipe with a damp cloth everytime you finish using it.

5. vashal profile image65
    vashalposted 7 years ago

I just microwave a cup of water for a few minutes on high. The heat and steam will loosen up whatever is stuck on there and make it easier to clean. After you take the cup of water out I'd use the rough side of a sponge and soapy water to do the cleaning.

6. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

I usually soak a sponge with vinegar and water -you can also use a hand towel instead of a sponge.You can throw a few slices of lemon in a bowl of hot water and then heat . This will help freshen things up as well set microwave on high for 3 minutes. Let the microwave sit closed for a few minutes once heating is done–allow moisture and steam to work into all the corners. Open microwave and use the sponge to wipe down . The sponge will be hot, so wear rubber gloves to protect your hands.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

A bowl of water or mug of water inside the microwave for 5 minutes will loosen up the crude on the sides and top because of the steam.  If it is not working quite as well, refill and do another 5 minutes.

8. BlissfulWriter profile image64
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

Thanks all.   These are some good ideas.

working