jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much should I have to pay to get a new front door painted and installed?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

How much should I have to pay to get a new front door painted and installed?

We ordered a front door for our house, but it needs to be cut to have the door knob and lock fit it, plus it needs the hinges, to be painted and to finally be hanged.  How much is a reasonable price to pay for someone to take an unfinished front door and do all the preparation and hang it?

2. sunforged profile image79
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

In your region, I would estimate $150 for service fees if you have all the needed hardware.

When pricing out jobs that we couldn't manage on our own with our recent home purchase, I used this site to get me more acquainted with what questions I should ask and what I should be looking for:

http://www.homewyse.com/home_services/i … _door.html

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

The price to install a new door slab depends on what kind of paint finish you want and what type paint you want to use.  Oil paint takes a lot longer to dry than Latex paint. 

You also have to think about what material the door is made from.  Obviously, a door made of wood will take more time to paint because it will soak more paint up. 

In my experience I would estimate the cost at between $200 and $300 if it it does not need any special type of painting or staining done.  Most exterior doors are heavy and one man generally is unable to do the job alone.

4. profile image48
    jackdohsonposted 5 years ago

Contact the Bereco for purchasing the new front door at affordable rate and less installation charge.

working