jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the most expensive thing you have ever purchased for your home?

1. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 6 years ago

What is the most expensive thing you have ever purchased for your home?

2. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

Insulation, the kind that is sprayed throughout the attic. In the end, though, it has been cost effective, saving on heating and cooling bills. Otherwise, the most expensive one-time purchase was our bed.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Wall mounted heat pump.  Very efficient especially the air conditioning part of it.  Our bill barely goes up using it all summer.

4. MelChi profile image82
    MelChiposted 6 years ago

Probably our flat screen TV.  It was our first real splurge in a long time on a luxury item and not a necessity.

5. LetitiaFT profile image84
    LetitiaFTposted 5 years ago

A really good bed. It cost even more than my sofa. I get the rest of my unupholstered furniture (which I prefer new) from flea markets or drag it in off the street. Then again, I live in Paris now and it's amazing what people leave out on the street when they move. Chairs, tables, desks, an Eames armchair (without the footrest), lamps. My sister-in-law found an almost wall-sized antique mirror with a gilded frame!

6. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

For my last home, I bought a new screened in porch with 2 skylights and stairs leading down. It was awesome! Came out even better than I'd pictured in my mind. (and a lot better than the existing one, which was falling apart literally.)