What is the most romantic thing you have ever done for someone?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Anath profile image65
    Anathposted 15 years ago

I am wondering if my romance expectations are too high...

What is the most romantic thing you have ever done for someone?  and what is the most romantic thing someone has done for you?

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The most romantic thing I have done for someone? mmmmm... ran my husband a bubble bath, filled it up completely with balloons, when he popped them there were all kinds of goodies in them and it was for his Birthday.smile oops one last thing, cannot forget the music and candles. smile

1. Anath profile image65
        Anathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a lot of fun, what a great idea!

2. advisor4qb profile image79
      advisor4qbposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Head to toe massage is probably the most romantic thing I have done.  I love a good massage, and I like to give them.

Probably the most romantic trip I ever went on was to Colorado Springs.

3. SimeyC profile image83
      SimeyCposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I moved to America from the UK! She married me!

1. Anath profile image65

It is so moving leaving everything for a woman...

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i love flowers but not a bunch of them crammed into a vase. one time i got a dozen of long-stemmed red roses in a long plain white box..the box had pink tissue paper in it and a red cloth ribbon around it. i have had other romantic things done for me but that one sticks out a lot in my mind.

as for what i do/have done, i am a real romantic and have written tiny love notes in book form and illustrated them with bright colors and left them here and there, like in his cubicle at work or in his lunch, and usually about some happening important to him or us.

5. Azizi527 profile image59
      Azizi527posted 15 years agoin reply to this

The most romantic thing I have done, changed my room to a theme room (Egyptian style) cooked a fabulous dinner, set the table with candle lights. All lights dim in house. Gave him a pedicure, gave him a full body massage front and back.

What romantic thing someone has done for me. Take me out to dinner in a fabulous pricy restaurant, took me to a hotel where he had rose petals all over floor and the bed.

6. noserver profile image54
      noserverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

married smile

2. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I kissed his feet.  Yeah, sounds gross but it meant something to me.  He told me he would die for me. big_smile

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 15 years agoin reply to this

WOW. good one.

2. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think it's beautiful............

3. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

No, not gross My Goddess, this sounds like a real thing smile

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 15 years ago

Most romantic thing I have ever done would have to be writing letters and filling out cards while he was gone on deployment and sending them to him. Just to let him know that i missed him, loved him, and couldn't wait for him to eb in my arms. Then when he did come back from deployment I had made 3 huge posted, got welcome home balloons, had pink champagne starwberries, grapes, and chocolate waiting for him at home.  Then once we got home and share the treats and drink I gave him more cards and gifst for all the holidays he had missed: christmas, easter, and his brithday, and extra gifts just because.  He was blown away and I felt good about doing it all for him. smile

5. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 15 years ago

I sang for them smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You totally remind me of my friend Jason, he's from MN too but lives out here in San Diego. smile

2. Anath profile image65

I love it when men sing for me, even if they are not good at it, it is so cute smile

6. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 15 years ago

Im not so romantic I guess, getting up every mornign to make his coffee and pack a lunch, when I dont have to, so he can sleep a litle more. Sometimes he picks me flowers on his way home from work. I like that.

1. profile image0

That is totally sweet.  I told my baby that I love him but I guess I don't love him enough to wake up before him and make is lunch. lol 

Though I do set the coffee maker to brew every morning. big_smile

1. profile image0

well, I used to do that. then he started eating out alot, and we didnt have the money for that. then our coffee maker broke, so I have to make it in the am. One day he got out of work early, I had made his lunch the night before, and he shared his sandwich with me, and it was really gross. I relized it would be better if made fresh in the morning. He goes to work every day, and he has long hours. Its the best way I can think of to say thank you, he really needs mroe sleep tehn I do!!

1. profile image0

You are a good girl. smile  He's a lucky man. smile

1. Misha profile image64
            Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto smile

7. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

I kissed more than their feet smile

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing.

8. profile image0
    fierycjposted 15 years ago

I'm more the Boom! Kinda guy, if you catch my drift. wink

1. profile image0

Wouldn't have pegged your for anything less. lol

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol wink

2. profile image0

HA HA~!!

9. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 15 years ago

I took a blanket,some pillows and laid it out on our upstairs deck, under the stars, lit the torches, broke out a Coors light for each of us, put on some Led Zeppelin, and he falls asleep.....lol.... It really does something for a woman's self esteem...lol.

10. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

When I was in the Carolinas for school and my boyfriend was in Florida, I called him one night walking home from class. I told him how exhausted I was and that I wasn't looking forward to my dorm room with my empty fridge.

When he hung up he looked up a take out place in the town, called, placed an order, and paid for it with his credit card. Twenty minutes later a take out guy called my phone and said "Hi is this Cole, I have a delivery for you." He had ordered my favorite and taken care of everything. smile

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That was really sweet....don't you just love a man with a sweet spot. My ex is not in to romance nor surprises. Could be why he is my ex......lol.

11. Colebabie profile image61

One year I had a surprise birthday party for him. With all of our friends, and catering from his favorite restaurant smile

I also randomly bring smoothies to him at work.

12. Colebabie profile image61

Well he would do anything to make me happy. And I would do the same for him smile

Sometimes you don't do it to be "romantic" you just do it to make the other person happy.

One day he was really upset, just all day really off. When I looked at the calendar I realized it was the anniversary of his father's passing. I didn't bring it up. I told him to get in the car because we were going somewhere. We went to the beach. Where I made him get in the water (which he normally doesn't do). And we just laid there in the waves for a while. I didn't have to say anything, but I could tell it made him feel better.

13. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 15 years ago

Locked up in the long Canadian winter months can help one get really creative...

I lined the driveway with candle lit hurricane lamps.  Each lamp was set into the snow bank on both sides of the driveway and walkway.  (It's pretty dark by 4 pm in the wintery north...).  To continue the theme, I used tea lights and lit a path way through the house and up the stairs to the second storey.  This then led to the bedroom which I had strewn fresh rose pedals on the floor.  The path of candles and rose pedals continued into the bathroom where I had drawn a hot bath with rose water, lit scented candles and a layed out a feast of chocolates, various fruits and some other yummies.  Oh yes, there was music playing in the background to help the ambience along.  smile

1. Anath profile image65

That's so sweet...

14. frogdropping profile image75
    frogdroppingposted 15 years ago

I made him a Valentine card. Sounds unromatic but - I shouldn't be allowed to touch glue and glitter.

It had googly eyes, stringy hands, about a quarter ounce of glitter and inside I wrote how much I loved him in all the languages he can speak (five) and wrote a funny little paragraph.

It looked nothing like it was supposed to but it took me hours and hours and I poured so much love into it that my friend remarked 'oh that's so cute and gorgeous ... someone loves you. One of your little nephews huh?!'.

I was showing her my handy work smile

*studiously avoiding asking what BC meant about what he kissed*

15. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 15 years ago

Bought her roses and had wine chilled, wrote her a naughty poem and put on my Pinnochio underwear................

1. Anath profile image65

LOL  I like the Pinnochio underwear touch :^)

16. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

We just visited a place called Romantica Pizza, to buy my son a slice of pre-cooked pizza, as he insisted. Don't think we'll visit them ever again though, but the pizza was OK lol

17. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

hmm, not sure about the most romantic, but one of the most memorable, romantic things I did for someone was to write a love letter in French (which I had to write in English first to be able to translate it) and wrote it on the most beautiful stationary I could find and sealed it with a kiss and sent it by snail mail to France.

for me... being whispered to in French at exactly the right moments...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)