jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where could you spend a lifetime? and Why?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Where could you spend a lifetime? and Why?

2. kittythedreamer profile image98
    kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago

In the forest, in a secluded cottage all by myself. In order to learn, grow, and connect to nature and the Divine.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Somewhere in a warm, sunny climate, overlooking the ocean.  Where I can reach people and civilization but they don't intrude on my little sanctuary.  And room for a garden, and a dog - and my husband, of course.

4. JamaGenee profile image84
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

In a large research library in a seaport. Intellectual stimulation to feed my insatiable curiosity combined with the sounds and smells of the sea to feed my soul is my idea of heaven!  ;D

5. Dancing Water profile image61
    Dancing Waterposted 6 years ago

Heaven is where I hope to spend my life. 

To me Heaven is a place where God dwells.  On the other hand, in the other place or dimension there is the absence of God.

I see God as the mother ship.  Before we come to Earth, we are with God, all enfolded, nurtured, protected.  Also, we are connected to each other and Him.  We are safe and at peace.  For us to realize the magnitude and depth and magnificence of God's love, we must go to a physical place to grow, evolve, and test the power of that love.  Once we have a deep realization of that love, and are able to follow God's will through faith, strength, and fortitude, we are prepared to return to the mother ship: the spiritual world. 

Once there, armed with knowledge, understanding, unconditional love, we can grow further in God's loving light.

I envision Heaven as a place of loving spirits playing, dancing, singing, creating, communing, and experiencing the peace and joy that "passeth all understanding."

Perhaps what I've said will make more sense if I put it in a human context. So here goes.   A good mother knows that she cannot hold her child to her bosom forever, nor should she.  If she did, the child's growth would be emotionally, physically, and spiritually stunted.  In other words, the child needs to venture out into the world to test all that good parents impart to a child.

Further, a mother knows that it would not be a healthy thing for the child to remain clasped to her bosom forever.  The child needs to evolve, find her own path, and grow into a strong, loving, disciplined adult to live fruitfully in the physical world. 

When the child is grown, she may return to her parents and further realize the wisdom and life tools that they have given to her.  And her parents are able to dwell in the loving light of their child's appreciation, and their relationship as mature beings is able to deepen and bear marvelous fruit.

I believe that God wants that same relationship with us in the spiritual realm.

6. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 6 years ago

i would like to spend my life time in a private island near Andaman; that place is really sexy.!!!

working