jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you line dry or tumble dry?

1. Silver Fish profile image86
    Silver Fishposted 5 years ago

Do you line dry or tumble dry?

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

I always line dry. I am in Northern Brazil and we get over 300 days of sunshine. We are also a mecca for kitesurfers because of the wind.

To me these two things mean one thing. I can hang out my laundry.

3. jesimpki profile image96
    jesimpkiposted 5 years ago

I line dry when the weather is nice.  When the weather isn't nice, I hang my clothes on drying racks indoors.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I actually like a combination. There is such a freshness to outdoor line-dryed clothes, but nothing beats the convenience and softness of tumbled items. I line dry most of my pants, exercise wear, and speciallty blouses and sweaters; however, I may toss the cotton items in the dryer for 5-10 min. to soften them before wearing. Line-drying does keep clothes lasting longer.

5. Pannonica profile image60
    Pannonicaposted 5 years ago

Depends on the weather! I prefer to tumble but like to save money when I can and dry outside, but I do so hate the way towels are so hard after drying in the hot sunshine.
    Over a year though I would estimate about 70% is tumble.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Line dry, year around..............have not had a clothes dryer for many  years..............

Would rather, that, they " freeze" on the line, than to pile up, dirty or stinking in the house.