jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best way to dry nail polish quickly without using nail drying cosmet

1. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to dry nail polish quickly without using nail drying cosmetics?

How can you avoid the potentially toxic cosmetic ingredients in commercial nail drying solutions yet still dry your nail polish quickly?

2. ackman1465 profile image59
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Use your hair drier... or, if you don't have one, a room fan.... Both have the "added benefit" of stirring up (hence, diluting) the volatile drying chemicals that concern you.....

DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this tip, I'll try it next time I do a manicure.

3. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

To get good coverage and to dry without bubbles, try to paint each coat after the first dried. Even if you give it a few minutes or so, that drying time will reduce the amount of total time.

Usually I just use a top coat, though. I'm a sucker for hard, glossy nails!

Great question!

DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good tip, thanks for the advice. Like you, I love those glossy nails but it's hard to sit still long enough to let the polish dry.

4. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

This is my tried and true method, let them dry for a minute or two, til you can barely touch them and then get icy cold water, keep your fingernails in there for a while, about 5 minutes, This sets the polish and my nails never ever get smudged.

working