jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What uses the most water in your home, the toilet, the shower/bath, sink, dishwa

1. crazymom3 profile image77
    crazymom3posted 5 years ago

What uses the most water in your home, the toilet, the shower/bath, sink, dishwasher, laudry?

How can you reduce the water usage and save money?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6450618_f260.jpg

2. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 5 years ago

IMHO I think its the toilet smile Everytime you pee you flush it.

3. gail641 profile image71
    gail641posted 5 years ago

I would think that it would be the shower/bath that uses the most water. Some ways of saying money is to make sure no faucets are leaking anywhere in the home. Take shorter showers to use less water, and try to cut down on water consumption. When brushing your teeth turn the water off, until you need to rinse your toothbrush, every so often until you are done. Have efficient applicances that save you money.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would say the shower as all of our other appliance are energy savers.  I don't think we can reduce our consumption much more than we have.

5. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6455557_f260.jpg

Surprisingly, the toilet wins.

I have argued for years the water saving toilets are a waste because all too often they demand double flushes - wish I could find research to support this.

I believe there is a market for a strong flush toilet to alleviate the frustration of an insufficient flush.

Saving water is a big saving for a family or a business. I spend 20 years setting utility rates and my staff fielded the questions for the high water usage billing.

The planting of sod requires special care - never run an outside sprinkler during high winds or during the heat of the day.

6. crazymom3 profile image77
    crazymom3posted 5 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful answers.  I think I will agree with GmaGoldie, and thank you all for the water saving advice. Although my teenager has a bad habit of taking hour long showers, in my family of five it seems that toilet never gets a rest.  Someone is always in the bathroom.  I guess it also depends on how much water we are drinking lol!

working