jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best way to remove pill-like white lint from black clothing?

1. Simone Smith profile image96
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to remove pill-like white lint from black clothing?

I had a bit of a laundry disaster, and now my black clothing is covered in sticky white pills (not just a filmy lint). WHAT DO I DO???

2. profile image0
    DMartelonlineposted 6 years ago

Simone, take a piece of Duck tape or masking tape (large piece).  Wrap it sticky side out on your hand and brush away. Works great wink

1. cat on a soapbox profile image97
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes! This is my approach too. Works great!

3. Outbound Dan profile image98
    Outbound Danposted 6 years ago

It sounds like a lost cause.  Either start a new fabric pilling fashion accessory trend or put them on ebay as "slightly used."

4. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 6 years ago

I buy those inexpensive rollers with tape that will get lint and, in my case, cat hair off clothing. They are great as your tear off the used taped paper and you have a fresh one to use the roller again. I keep it in my car and use it when I arrive at a destination if I see lint on cat hair on my clothes. Walmarts and drug stores usually carry these rollers.

5. LiamBean profile image87
    LiamBeanposted 6 years ago

Buy new clothes?

I'm adding more here because a simple three word response is too short. So, you are a marvelous looking woman with a very feminine figure and you most certainly should buy new clothes to show off your runway like physique.

6. Chatkath profile image77
    Chatkathposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6500632_f260.jpg

I am also a fan of the adhesive rollers, in fact it is somewhat addicting, primarily for removing pet hair but I have discovered quite by accident of course, that you can actually remove most anything with these tacky tools! I stock up at the $1 store so I am always prepared but it looks like I am not the only one! Check out the twins: (I promise it is G rated)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccz77lWZbAM
    Best of luck to you Simone!

7. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

A pumice stone will sometimes work depending on the fabric. Garments with polyester pills from over heating in the clothes dryer are often a lost cause. I recommend a fabric "dryer ball" that actually prevents lint and forgotten pocket kleenex accidents from ruining dark loads of laundry. Good luck smile

working