jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe in Feng- shui? Does order and flow enhance mood?

1. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in Feng- shui?  Does order and flow enhance mood?

I really get upset if there is too much mess and disorder and I could feel it draining my energy. AI though I am not obsessive about tidiness there is something harmonious about clean lines and decluttering.

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I believe in a calm and easy environment. Not entirely Feng-shui. Just organized and knowing where everything is basically. I do have wood on my desk in little drawers. There are rocks to mock my geology teacher and her student from years ago that believed in "calming rocks and minerals". Then I also have a jar of plants on my desk since I'm an introvert and love nature. To calm me down are objects that I've brought home from different countries. Anything that calms me.

1. Docmo profile image91
      Docmoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your desk sounds idyllic!

3. ZAS profile image60
    ZASposted 5 years ago

I absolutely feel much happier and more functional when things are in order visually around me and behind the scenes. When I know that inside my closet it is organized and clean I feel different, better. It makes good logic of course, you can function better with order, but I do believe there is a deeper sense of well being that it produces that is not as easy to articulate in a short paragraph.

1. Docmo profile image91
      Docmoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am with you there. I do feel much better if there is visual harmony.

4. avorodisa profile image85
    avorodisaposted 5 years ago

I do believe in Feng Shui. And I even have a bunch of hubs on Feng Shui. In Feng Shui, everything starts with order. Moreover - with the absence of any rubbish. It really helps. For one psychological reason, because your mind does not cling to this  negative aspect that you need to clean up once the order is in place. Feng Shui works on us mildly, unlike any other activity. Unlike direct action, it is really about surroundings that attract prosperity, harmony and other good things in your life once you start surrounding yourself with tidbits of them. It takes time, but it works. And it works like magic, because your effort is only perceived within time.

5. dawnsboutique1 profile image60
    dawnsboutique1posted 5 years ago

Feng shui in English means wind-water.  The practice of  feng shui is a Chinese system whereby the laws of both heaven and earth are used to create and improve positive energy.  This flow of positive energy is called Chi.  If your home is surrounded by positive energy it produces harmony, good health and wealth. You can achieve this Chi effect by simply arranging and positioning your surroundings to increase the flow of Chi.