jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you use the energy saving light bulbs, or the regular kind?

1. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Do you use the energy saving light bulbs, or the regular kind?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I use energy saving light bulbs in some rooms and regular kind in others.

3. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I've changed most of our lights over to LED lamps, the bulbs are expensive but almost cost nothing to burn. Electric bill is down about $60 a month so it won't take long to break even.

1. LaThing profile image73
      LaThingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, forgot to put that in! Was wondering about those. Those are pretty expensive, but like you said, it will probably break even in few months. Thanks.

4. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I've changed over almost all of my bulbs to the new energy saving bulbs.  However, some of the new bulbs take a while to brighten up. In an area where I need a lot of light quickly and don't need it for long, I'll use an incandescent bulb. I will turn off the less efficient bulb as soon as I am done.

5. uksolarpanels profile image38
    uksolarpanelsposted 5 years ago

I personally use saving light bulbs for the great majority of my house but I leave "the classic ones" in my bedroom, as I find them more warm to a quick lecture before going to bed.

Anyway, just changing some of them I realised I stopped using a lot of energy which I can now store, sell or just not use!

6. lindsays5624 profile image33
    lindsays5624posted 5 years ago

If you need them to come on fast go for LEDs, otherwise energy saving light bulbs are good.

working