jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Why do condo occupants throw cigarette buds off their balcony?

1. jeyaramd profile image74
    jeyaramdposted 5 years ago

Why do condo occupants throw cigarette buds off their balcony?

Thankfully, I do not own this condominium. Its a beautiful condo. However, people throw cigarettes from the top floor on your ground level front porch. How inconsiderate is that. Please be more considerate. Has anyone experienced this. Here is a picture of the ordeal.And this was after a letter was delivered to residents in the condominium. Should I make a specific complaint to the management or should I consider moving to another floor as I do love the condo and everything else about it. Thank You.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I smoke like a chimney, but I'm not comfortable throwing my cigarette butts anywhere but the trash. Sounds like your neighbors need an ash tray.

jeyaramdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your comment. An ash tray would be a great gift smile

3. flacoinohio profile image82
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

Smokers forget that the butts they discard do not just go away, they also don't want to have the butts around either.  I would make a kind donation of some old coffee cans with cat litter or sand in them to each person that smokes.  If the problem persists, make a complaint in writing and include your pictures.  You can emphasize the health risk of other peoples butts containing germs or viruses and that you are having to clean them up.  I might even go as far as saving them over a period of time and present them to managment.

4. Eric Calderwood profile image86
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

Because not everybody respects other people.  If they can't see the cigarette butts from their balconies it doesn't occur to them that they are littering someone else's walkway, patio, or furniture.  I once knew someone who dumped an entire box of well-used cat litter right over the balcony and into the heating and cooling system of the occupant on the ground floor!

5. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I have no idea what a 'condo' is.  However, people who throw litter of any kind, either in the street or from 'condo' balconies are being anti-social.

6. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

I agree with Georgie, as a smoker I would never think to leave 'butts' anywhere but in a proper container.  People who throw cigarette butts anywhere are rude, inconsiderate and in my opinion, slobs.  I'm sure if you littered on their property they'd be downright nasty about it!

jeyaramdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your comments. I wish there were more people who were as considerate.

7. profile image57
    wanda matthewsposted 4 months ago

because it is easy for them manily they do not have to clean up their mess