jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Would you want to live in a transparent house?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image92
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Would you want to live in a transparent house?

I found this article on Yahoo.com about a house built in Japan that is almost completely see though, even the BATHROOM! Occupants have to close a curtain for privacy.

Though I wouldn't want to live in a house like this (I already worry if someone can see me picking my nose) I wondered if any of you might want to?

The article is here: http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/priva … -home.html

2. rahul0324 profile image84
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

Never!... I would never opt for such invasion of privacy...

3. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

Of course not.

4. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

No, I'm the complete opposite in terms of privacy, but besides the privacy, it would be a nightmare to keep clean, and even with super windows it has to be terribly inefficient at heating/cooling. Thermal comfort seems like it would be either impossible or cost a fortune.

5. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 5 years ago

No, not at all.  I prefer my privacy and seclusion.

6. maryhoneybee profile image62
    maryhoneybeeposted 5 years ago

My eyes widened in horror. I'm a very private person, and if I could opt for a little cabin in the woods, I probably would, haha. So, a transparent house kind of freaks me out. It would be perfect for someone who's interested in that kind of home who has animals. Think of how many hours in a day their dog or cat would spend looking outside from any given angle!

7. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I like my privacy, this would be too much of an exposure to the world! Heaven for stalkers!!

8. jennzie profile image82
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

I saw this on Yahoo and couldn't believe that anyone would want to live in a transparent house! Who wants everyone who passes by to know their every move in what is supposed to be the privacy of their home?

1. jennzie profile image82
      jennzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And I suppose everyone can watch them go to the bathroom as well?? That's just creepy!

2. Georgie Lowery profile image92
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They can, if the people in the house don't pull a curtain!

9. Kennedi Brown profile image93
    Kennedi Brownposted 5 years ago

Oh God, no.

I do things that small children must not see.

10. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

No, I certainly would not want to live in a transparent house.  I think it's really odd that anyone would want to.....I mean, what about privacy?  We all need our privacy.

11. A C Nortal profile image59
    A C Nortalposted 5 years ago

I, like everyone else, have secrets, habits, insecurities, etc that I wouldn't want to be shown to the world.

Plus, you'd go through like a million bottles of windex.