jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you control house flies

1. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

How do you control house flies

We just had a major awakening of house flies in our duplex. All of a sudden house flies were coming out of the window frames filling the air. They must have been hibernating in the walls. Has anyone had a similar experience? I've heard a lot of wives tails about controlling flies, but none have worked for us. Any thoughts.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6657810_f260.jpg

2. profile image58
    Squirrelgonzoposted 5 years ago

Are you looking to get rid of them entirely?

I always use a fly swatter, but if they are pouring in from everywhere I would bomb the place and go away for the weekend. Or call an exterminator. Get some fly paper-that can trap a kangaroo rat. (true story)

When we would get flies in the car or in the house sometimes we would lead them to an open window, but this was only a couple of them.

I have no sympathy for flies.

3. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

I've used my cap to swat them when they land.  You might want to call an exterminator if there are as many as you seem to indicate.

4. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

I talked to one of the neighbors about it. The locals call it being "buzzed". It's a phenomenon that happens in many houses each spring. I can tell you this much. It freaked the wife out!

5. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

House flies can be a nuisance in the house. You should try an insecticide, a fan, Sticky fly catchers too are not bad. I always have a fly whisk at hand to swat any that lands nearby.

working