jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What's your favorite green cleaner?

1. Athlyn Green profile image97
    Athlyn Greenposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite green cleaner?

What is the best cleaner to use in the home and protect our oceans/environment?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Apple Cider vinegar cleans anything and is a natural product. No need for chemicals just a bottle of Vinegar!

3. Changing Lanes profile image64
    Changing Lanesposted 5 years ago

I've been slowly accumulating recipes for homemade cleaners for once I sell my house and move to the country. I have accumulated them under my pinterest board called "Urban Homesteading" because I want to minimize the chemicals I use in my new home and cut down on the cost. http://pinterest.com/sharon_shade/urban-homesteading/  Many of those recipes are simple enough for any homeowner, and most are based on vinegar and/or baking soda. I recently freshened my rugs with baking soda and a little pine scented room freshener and the rugs smelled so clean and fresh afterwards.

1. Changing Lanes profile image64
      Changing Lanesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The technique using vinegar and baking soda to clean burnt on grease in you pots and pans worked really well - far better than anything else I had tried including Brillo pads.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to- … ans-140547

4. Heather Jacobs profile image61
    Heather Jacobsposted 5 years ago

I use plain old vinegar for almost everything (cleaning counters,floors,etc.) so it is my favorite. I also use baking soda to clean my sinks.

5. Ariana Phillips profile image72
    Ariana Phillipsposted 5 years ago

I agree with these other folks. Vinegar is an awesome cleaning agent and kills a lot of bacteria that some cleaners might not, while being environmentally friendly and it's something you don't have to call poison control over if one of your kids gets into it and takes a sip, which is probably all they would want to take anyway.

6. alexarpoe profile image60
    alexarpoeposted 5 years ago

I love the Method products! There are also some really great all-natural diy cleaners, too.