jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What is the most restful color?

1. theclevercat profile image95
    theclevercatposted 5 years ago

What is the most restful color?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would say white is the most restful color. It has the with it the image that everything is new and clean.

3. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

For me it's Blue, the color of the ocean, and the sky.... There is something very soothing there!

4. teaches12345 profile image97
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I would have to say blue.  It's so restful and reminds me of the sky, ocean and waterfalls.

5. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 5 years ago

for me it has to be blue. Blue is refreshing to the eyes just like looking at the clear skies. smile

6. Brainy Bunny profile image95
    Brainy Bunnyposted 5 years ago

I would say a medium purple is the most restful color for me, but I know I'm unusual. When I was a teenager, bright red was my most restful color!

7. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I am sure blue is the most restful color.  Blue is known to be put people in a calm mood. It is also associated with trustworthiness, strength and dependability.  Someone told me that Jesus favorite color was blue.

8. securityproducts3 profile image40
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

Taupe. That's why they always paint hallways that color.

9. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

They say it's light pink.  Works for me.

10. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I would conclude black; although I do admit that we are led to believe it is blue by most experts. However, close your eyes tight what do you see; well you see black or (in other words) pitch-dark. Now when you going into deeper sleep after REM you have indeed been dreaming and your brain is still quite active building associations yet blue would be a distraction; well more so then the colorless black would be... Since our deepest sleep is delta waves and although our brain is still active; our vital signs have decreased significantly and we have slipped into the black...

11. ExpressFree profile image73
    ExpressFreeposted 5 years ago

its pink for me...it is just soothing and simply nice to look at...

12. Lyn Diano profile image39
    Lyn Dianoposted 5 years ago

It's green. This is why whenever you're on a garden with a lot of green leafy plants, your mind will eventually feel rested. :-) Green color is also helpful when your eyes are a bit strained.

working