jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Where can I buy a new clothes prop (wooden or metal) for my outside clothesline?

1. Tom Vogler profile image82
    Tom Voglerposted 5 years ago

Where can I buy a new clothes prop (wooden or metal) for my outside clothesline?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

They should have those at any hardware store. Possibly even Wal-Mart.

3. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Few people hang their clothes out to dry anymore. That was my job when I was a kid.  We used a limb from a tree and cut a fork in it and put that under the rope we used to hang clothes from.  You could make one like that from a piece of wood, I guess.  I love to hang my clothes out in the sunshine:  I use a retractable clothes line from the side of the garage to  a tree.  There is one pictured over to the right of this question.

1. Tom Vogler profile image82
      Tom Voglerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In 6 years at my house, two clothesprops have met their demise.  The first was wooden and was struck by lightning.  The last was an oversize stick with a notch cut in it that survived until the neighbor's kids broke it!

2. mary615 profile image92
      mary615posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The photo of the retractable clothes line has been replaced, but if I were you, I'd consider one of those.  You don't seem to have good luck with the wooden sticks!  I bought my clothes line on line I think from Amazon.

working