Do you think putting a ceiling fan in a child's room to save on your electric bi

1. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

Do you think putting a ceiling fan in a child's room to save on your electric bill is a good idea?

2. Amberjewell profile image75
    Amberjewellposted 5 years ago

I think as long as you proceed with extreme caution it should be fine. I would make sure it is brand new as the old ones can malfunction the way ours did (the one in our old kitchen literally made two of the bulbs blow up. I was blessed my twin babies were not directly beneath it). I would ensure that there is nothing they can climb to reach it, that it is installed by an experienced professional to ensure stability and correct electrical work to prevent falling or fires. I would make sure the switch can only be reached or used by you. If it has to be in the child's reach, I would cover it with some sort of box that only you can get to. I would also make sure the one you put in one that is lightweight.
    Now this is just if you are in a dyer situation to save money. Me personally, If i could avoid it (knowing my child didn't have to suffer from the heat) I wouldn't. But sometimes you just have no choice.

1. suzzycue profile image93
      suzzycueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Amberjewell for the great advice. Sorry your ceiling fan blew the bulbs out. I would never ever have thought that could happen.

working