jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What houseplants do you have that have fared really well with little care?

1. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

What houseplants do you have that have fared really well with little care?

How long have you had it? Do you forget to water it sometimes?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have sort of a black thumb when it comes to plants, gardens etc. I mean well but it does not translate to plants.  The only kind of plant I can have in the house is a pothos. It is very hearty in all kind of lighting, it is also very forgiving is I forget to water. They can be all wilted, and pop right back up once watered.  I normally water them every couple of weeks and they do very well.

When they get long runners, you can trim those back and the plants get more full.

3. Hui (蕙) profile image82
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

Common sense, cacti can do well on their own without much tenderness. In summer time, you can water it once a month, while no additive water in winter time. Nowadays, gardeners culture this plant into good looking and good shape, so they are really beautiful houseplants. Another case is water plants, such as water bamboo or water lily. Since they live in water, you don't need to watch on them to see if they need more water, but just change sometime.

4. MargaritaEden profile image75
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Cactus is my magical plant that survived without watering for a few weeks, I had this cactus for over 9 years now, actually this is the only house plant that survived this long.

5. Thallia profile image57
    Thalliaposted 5 years ago

My jade tree plant does well with minimum care.  It can survive even if I only water it once or twice a month.

working