jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What are some easy and attractive house plants to grow?

1. cre8ivOne profile image78
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

What are some easy and attractive house plants to grow?

2. jezebellamina profile image77
    jezebellaminaposted 6 years ago

I LOVE bolivian jew!  It's great for windowsills and filler for potted plants.  If you plant it in the ground it spreads like crazy, and if you use it in a tall pot or hanging pot, it cascades beautifully.  Hands down, my favorite!  Also, very easy to root and share--pull off a piece and stick it in some soil.

3. ErinElise profile image76
    ErinEliseposted 6 years ago

Hi,

Some easy and attractive houseplants are: heart leafed philodendron, asparagus fern, spider plant, arrowhead vine, plectranthus (Swedish ivy), tradescantia (wandering jew), parlor palm, hoya or hindu rope plant, ficus (but you can't really move them around or they lose their leaves), English ivy, dracena (corn plant), cactus.

Be careful though if you have animals or children, because some houseplants are poisonous.

4. Scribenet profile image84
    Scribenetposted 6 years ago

What are the best indoor plants to grow in the house? These are easy plants to grow and enjoy. These plants will create a healthy indoor garden with very little care needed. read more

5. cre8ivOne profile image78
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

Thanks both of you!  I will get to looking them up asap!

6. Gyldenboy profile image59
    Gyldenboyposted 6 years ago

A Madagascar Dragon Tree. Botanical name, Dracaena marginata. Easy to take care of. I gave this tree as a gift before. I'm not really a fan of house plants, but this one is really cool.

Anyways, you can see some more details on a M. Dragon Tree here:
    http://www.guide-to-houseplants.com/dragon-tree.html

7. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I think a pineapple plant. When you buy a fresh pineapple, cut the top off and remove a few leaves at the bottom of this. Pot this and keep it on your window ledge. It may take 1-2 years but it should produce another pineapple.

8. Beth-Woodard profile image72
    Beth-Woodardposted 5 years ago

I think spider plants, kalanchoe, and cactus are dead easy,take a look at some more here

http://beth-woodard.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … o-maintain

1. cre8ivOne profile image78
      cre8ivOneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Beth!  I will certainly look into those!

9. vivekyngmedia profile image62
    vivekyngmediaposted 3 years ago

I think best beautiful plants for house, you can buy indoor plants, money plants, lucky plants and flowering plants these all plants always make your home looks beautiful. Thank you!!!!

working