jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Is The Best Thing You've Won in a Raffle or Competition?

1. Tommyknocker profile image69
    Tommyknockerposted 5 years ago

What Is The Best Thing You've Won in a Raffle or Competition?

2. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I won a casserole baking dish with a glass lid at a raffle and I really love it.

3. btrbell profile image90
    btrbellposted 5 years ago

I just won a really pretty hand-made necklace. The best part about it is that I didn't even remember entering the contest so it was a great surprise! The funniest thing i ever won was a "Miss Piggy Cookbook"

4. flim profile image72
    flimposted 5 years ago

The best thing I won in a lucky draw is a 2 days 1 night stay in Hong Kong Four Seasons Hotel!

That was given out at my company's christmas party in 2010 as 3rd prize.

Actually, during the draw, I was suppose to get the 4th prize which was a makeover session. However, when distributing the prize, the 2nd prize winner give up his prize and the organizer decided to move all the winners up the rank. Therefore, I was promoted to 3rd prize!!

It was such a big surprise for me at the moment when I hear my name booming through the speaker! It is definitely one of the best prize I can remember I won!

5. Blond Logic profile image96
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

Many years ago, I won competition on a radio program. The prize was a trip to Nashville to see 'The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas'. This was being shown at The Grand Ole Opry. I was still at University at the time and hadn't traveled much so it was exciting. 
    I remember Waylon Jennings was sitting a few rows ahead of me.
    There was also a party afterwards and Dolly Parton was there. It was a fun experience.
    The truth was, I shouldn't have won. The prize was for two people, a couple. But the DJ drew two names out of the hat, mine was the second.

6. KevinTimothy profile image81
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

A brand spanking new 10 gallon Shop Vac (4.0 HP). Only had to pay $10 per raffle ticket, but I bought two out of charity. STILL was a steal. This was in 2008 and we use the Vac to this day. Cleans our PCs, keyboards, auto carpet, misc messes, and even liquid spills. I love that thing...best gift ever! Sorry...I'm a low maintenance kinda guy.