How do you know if mold is toxic or if it will make you sick?
I commonly see mold in people's homes among other places. Is there a way to tell whether it is "bad" mold or the kind that will make you very sick?
Any mold can make you ill if you are allergic to sensitive to it. The big offender that is toxic to humans and pets is black mold and it has a very specific look to it. Google "black mold" to see a good picture of it so it can be identified and taken care of.
All mold is toxic...some more than others...to give you an idea of the power mold plays on metal..silver jewelry, or anything silver will turn black if your house has black mold..imagine what that does to ones lungs, especially a baby,toddler or young child..There are various neurological disorders that can arise from being exposed also..auto-immune disorders.
all mold is toxic, in some way to humans. It is just a case of whether or not you will react to it. It certainly isn't ideal to live alongside, and can cause lots of long term illnesses. If there are any black spores, rather than the white fluffy spores, then you probably have black mould which can be fatal.
I have just made a hub about how to live with mould, and how to reduce it, and I hope it is of some help to you. I have been battling mould for the last 3-4 years now... http://sparkleyfinger.hubpages.com/hub/ … n-and-mold
Mold Sickness – Mold/fungus just like bee’s, snakes, spiders and other living organisms produce “bio-toxins”. An example is that a snake is a living organism, its venom is not. Venom is the bio-toxin which the snake produces, also mold spores produce their bio-toxins known as “mycotoxins” and bacteria produce their bio-toxins known as “endotoxins“.
These biotoxins and secondary metabolites produced by fungi /mold and bacteria are microscopic, they enter the human body through inhalation and ingestion by landing on the food you eat, or are breathed in and enter the lungs, the blood stream, sinuses, the brain or are absorbed through the skin.
Exposure to water damaged or mold contaminated environments can yield “co-exposures” meaning having more than one “pathogen” (disease causing elements) harbored within your body. Rarely, is it only one substance in the case of environmental / mold exposures that are responsible for the onset of mold sickness or disease. Recovery is easy once we have isolated what has happened to you and what bio-toxins are present in your body causing your mold sickness.
Understanding how to identify co-exposures is key to the treatment for mold sickness, necessary to put you and your family onto the road to recovery.
http://moldsickness.hubpages.com/hub/Mo … ned-to-you
by Kylyssa Shay2 years ago
How do you get rid of airborne spores and toxins after killing black mold on household surfaces?My friend found a colony of black mold hiding between the wall and toilet tank of her bathroom after using her bathroom...
by Peeples5 years ago
Where can mold be that I can't see?We bought a new house 2 weeks ago. Our daughter has had hives for the last week. We have ruled out everything and will see a specialist next week. We just heard from neighbors that the...
by The Villa7 years ago
does black mold contaminate the funiture in the roomif htere is mold on the walls does it contaminate the funiture
by Suzanne Coolen5 years ago
How do you get rid of Black mold ?
by Darkwolf Drake4 years ago
Can you get sick from rotting potatoes.my son has been very sick. he is now on a three week regime of antibiotic. i was cleaning the pantry and found that my sis-in law had put a bag of potatoes in a spot behind the...
by Michael Luttersch3 years ago
Can mold make you sick?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.