jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best Air fresheners and scented candles?

1. sparkleyfinger profile image93
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

What are the best Air fresheners and scented candles?

Im loving yankee candles the now, but they can be so expensive, especially for the little tartlets for oil burners? Any other recommendations? Scented candles, ideally, that fill the room with fragrance?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yankee Candles, as you said. Try watching the sales at your local Bed Bath and Beyond. They sell Yankee Candles at discount prices sometimes. Still expensive, but not as bad. The brand that Walmart is now selling, something to do with senses, those are also pretty costly but effective.

3. Candle Reviews profile image71
    Candle Reviewsposted 3 years ago

I agree that Yankee candles can be so expensive.  I usually wait for them to go on sale though, because I do believe they are the best candles out there.  I am on an email list that lets me know of all their updates and sales throughout the year, so I can then take advantage of those.  All of us work hard for our money, and sometimes candles seem like a needless extravagance that can hardly be afforded.

Still, I enjoy them and how they fragrance my home, and actually get the most for my dollar by buying Yankee candles.  Some others are good as well, but it is really hit and miss for me when I venture too far from Yankee.  Village candle is a good one too, I really am growing to like their clean burn and more affordable prices.  They often give little car jar air fresheners as well with their candles, which is really nice.

Its been a while since I used glades candles in the stores, and I have never used their melts.  I once heard a lady swear by Wal Marts candles, especially the hazelnut candle.  When I burned it though, it wasn't strong at all and I was let down.  So while less expensive, didn't really give me what I want, for the reasons I buy candles.

1. sparkleyfinger profile image93
      sparkleyfingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your well thought input!! I agree that Yankee candle are definitely most effective, although I have found a lady locally who does wax melts etc that actually smell for longer than the Yankee's, so I have been experimenting with that...

2. Candle Reviews profile image71
      Candle Reviewsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It seems like more and more people are experimenting with creating their own scents by making their own wax melts.  That is awesome you know someone that makes such good ones like that!  Plus you are supporting someone local, which is so cool.

working